How to resize all my covers to show proper aspect ratio? (1 Viewer)

Zorg

Portal Pro
June 12, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi, I have a problem with all the covers I have created myself for a lot of films.
I'm using Titan skin. Anyway I tried several skins with the last version of Myfilms V6.0.2.2791 and the problem is always the same. The covers are all squashed, like a 16:9 image that is not showing properly. Very very long faces, etc.

I have created this covers taking a snapshot of the movie with VLC and then putting this image in AMC. The jpg or png created is perfect, it has the right aspec ratio, but in media portal, using the myfilm plugins, the image is very deformed.

That doesn't happen with the covers that Ant Movie Catalog creates taking them from internet. This covers show properly, with the right aspect ratio.

I have 1159 covers I have created in the last four years and they showed properly in previous versions of MP and My Films. I don't know what happens now.

May be I could try some batch convert to resize the 1159 covers to some values that could fit the right aspect ratio.

I would appreciate very much some help. It's more than a week that I'm looking a solution to fix this.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Zorg, you need to find a skin that supports <keepaspectratio> on images, at least in MyFilms. aMPed does ;) and if IIRC so do Black Glass and Frames. Titan and Default do not. Many skins have not enabled it in references.xml (default skin settings) or in MyFilms because normally covers are 'cover size' ;).

BTW did you know you can take snapshots in MyFilms while watching the movie using the Fanart > Create Snapshot fanart feature?

Hope that helps?

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you for answering.
    I didn't know there were skins that don't support <keepaspectratio>
    Appart from the ones you mentioned that do support it, I found streamedmp.
    I really prefer Titan by large, but if there's no solution for the<keepaspectratio> within this skin, I will choose streamedmp. It's a bit of a pity.

I tried what you said about creating snapshot with fanart, but after enabling fanart in myfilms and pressing F9 for the context menu, there were only two options in Fanart Manager (nº 1 Download fanart (selected film) nº 2 delete fanart (selected film).
    Thank you again

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Zork I'm glad you found something that meets your needs. Ofc you can always add the keepaspectratio tags to the image controls in MyFilms, but there are quite a lot of them. I''ll talk to ncoH about maybe adding that for the MyFilms skin files for next release.

That's odd you couldn't find the other Fanart options. Were you in the Details window? IIRC, as wiki says, you only get the extra options there, once you select the specific movie you want to create them for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom