How to run MediaPortal with Pinnacle PCTV 300i without Pinnacle MediaCenter (1 Viewer)

Thomas Mc Ki

Portal Member
September 3, 2006
:confused: Hello,

I have no idea how to get mediaPortal working with my pinnacle PCTV 300i Analogue card.
The only way to get it working is to install the Pinnacle Media Center, but I do NOT like it and I would like to install and run the card with MediaPortal.
By trying to run the Setup (MediaPortal Setup --> Television --> Capture Cards --> ADD) I get "Unable to create graph for this device!!" message all the time :mad:
I know that is not the fault of MediaPortal but has anybody ideas how to get the *§$%&&§*"'%"*&"§" card working without installing Pinnacle MediaCenter .
I tryed to find solutions by searching the forum, but I could not find one (maybe because I do not know how to search it properly).

Thx in advance for help

Thomas Mc Kie

pierremenard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2006
    Verona (Italy)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    From pinnacle media center you need only drivers.

But, while there's no hw enconding for your analogue card you need a software encoder like intervideo. When you'll have installed intervideo mpeg2 codec (and set up in mp settings), you should not receive the graph error.

F.

Thomas Mc Ki

Portal Member
    September 3, 2006
    Thx for ur help, but I still do not know, what to do...
    I found a free encoder (freeEnc), but how do I install an encoder and where to set it up in mp settings exactly?

Thomas Mc Ki

Portal Member
    September 3, 2006
    Thx for the link, after installing winDvr it worked.
    I will see what happens when the trail period expires. I think if I deinstall windvr media portal will fail again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom