How to schedule a recording based on date/time instead of EPG (1 Viewer)

Jean R.

March 25, 2019
Canada Canada
Country flag
I am new to MP2 and not too knowledgeable on computers. I installed MP2 yesterday and managed to make it work, i.e., I can watch live cable TV and manually schedule a recording providing that it is the same day. EPG is not working for me. Is there a way to manually schedule a recording for a different date than today? I search the forum and could not find a post on the subject.
Thanks,
Jean

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I am new to MP2 and not too knowledgeable on computers. I installed MP2 yesterday and managed to make it work, i.e., I can watch live cable TV and manually schedule a recording providing that it is the same day. EPG is not working for me. Is there a way to manually schedule a recording for a different date than today? I search the forum and could not find a post on the subject.
    Thanks,
    Jean
    Try to use EPGBuddy from this forum. Recording without EPGis generally not very user friendly.
    I think that the manual schedule can at the moment only be set for the same day.

Jean R.

March 25, 2019
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    Thank you for your reply ge2301. I think that with my actual hardware setup, manual scheduling is my only option. I am located in Quebec, Canada.
    T
    he source for my tv signal is digital cable encrypted channels. My TV tuner card is analogic. The cable company provided a decoder box (digital to analogic) that I connect to the TV tuner card. The decoder box has its own tuner so I need to leave the TV tuner card on channel 3 and use the decoder tuner to select channels to view. Therefore, during the initial set-up only channel 3 was detected. I might be wrong but I think that this prevents EPGs to work for me so this is why I rely on manual scheduling. I will live with this limitation for now, until I think of something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    T TV Recording Schedule General 2
    joecrow Scheduled Recordings Failed (MP 1.22) General Support 12
    Lehmden [fixed] [MP2-810] Manual schedules recordings not shown in schedule list 2.2 Archive 11
    G How to access Scheduled Recordings without going through TV Home screen General Support 3
    T Scheduled recording not starting at the correct time General 13
    B [fixed] [MP2-767] Disappearing Daily/Weekly Recording Schedules 2.2 Archive 7
    W Strange recording behavior - Schedule shows type once when should be always General Support 1
    R display of scheduled recording time induces recording error General Support 4
    P New install MP1 issue with tuners not being released for scheduled recordings Installation, configuration support 3
    T Mediaportal scheduling recording every show on every channel General Support 4
    P Scheduling conflicts General 2
    D Does Schedules Direct work with mp 1.24? General Support 3
    D Trying to get mp 1.24 to recognise Schedules Direct. General Support 4
    P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
    G Q about scheduling weekly series when epg lists duplicate back to back episodes each week General Support 2
    J Understanding what EPG shows about schedules General 8
    D Please help with getting Schedules Direct to work Newcomers Forum 10
    D How to switch versions of Schedules Direct Newcomers Forum 2
    D I just installed MP 1.23. Which version of Schedules Direct should I use, where do I obtain it from Newcomers Forum 6
    M Guide mapping schedules direct, tvguide, epg buddy How to get correct entry to the correct channel? Electronic Program Guide 0
    P EPG Schedule hours off TV-Server 0
    L Mediaportal 1.21 and Windows 10: user schedules de-activated when powerscheduler plugin is selected General Support 1
    D Media Portal wake schedule General Support 29
    Lehmden Manual schedule: Possibility to enter a show name Feature Requests 1
    N [Finished] MP2-803 - Delete full series doesn't work when viewing a program in the extended schedule screen MediaPortal 2 12