How to schedule a recording based on date/time instead of EPG

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by Jean R., March 25, 2019.

1. Jean R.

Jean R. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    I am new to MP2 and not too knowledgeable on computers. I installed MP2 yesterday and managed to make it work, i.e., I can watch live cable TV and manually schedule a recording providing that it is the same day. EPG is not working for me. Is there a way to manually schedule a recording for a different date than today? I search the forum and could not find a post on the subject.
    Thanks,
    Jean

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ge2301
    • Team MediaPortal

ge2301 MP2 Design

Automotive Industry
    Ratings:
    +2,339 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Try to use EPGBuddy from this forum. Recording without EPGis generally not very user friendly.
    I think that the manual schedule can at the moment only be set for the same day.

4. Jean R.

Jean R. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Thank you for your reply ge2301. I think that with my actual hardware setup, manual scheduling is my only option. I am located in Quebec, Canada.
    T
    he source for my tv signal is digital cable encrypted channels. My TV tuner card is analogic. The cable company provided a decoder box (digital to analogic) that I connect to the TV tuner card. The decoder box has its own tuner so I need to leave the TV tuner card on channel 3 and use the decoder tuner to select channels to view. Therefore, during the initial set-up only channel 3 was detected. I might be wrong but I think that this prevents EPGs to work for me so this is why I rely on manual scheduling. I will live with this limitation for now, until I think of something else.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!