How to schedule a recording based on date/time instead of EPG (1 Viewer)

Jean R.

March 25, 2019
Home Country
Canada Canada
I am new to MP2 and not too knowledgeable on computers. I installed MP2 yesterday and managed to make it work, i.e., I can watch live cable TV and manually schedule a recording providing that it is the same day. EPG is not working for me. Is there a way to manually schedule a recording for a different date than today? I search the forum and could not find a post on the subject.
Thanks,
Jean

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am new to MP2 and not too knowledgeable on computers. I installed MP2 yesterday and managed to make it work, i.e., I can watch live cable TV and manually schedule a recording providing that it is the same day. EPG is not working for me. Is there a way to manually schedule a recording for a different date than today? I search the forum and could not find a post on the subject.
    Thanks,
    Jean
    Try to use EPGBuddy from this forum. Recording without EPGis generally not very user friendly.
    I think that the manual schedule can at the moment only be set for the same day.

Jean R.

March 25, 2019
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you for your reply ge2301. I think that with my actual hardware setup, manual scheduling is my only option. I am located in Quebec, Canada.
    T
    he source for my tv signal is digital cable encrypted channels. My TV tuner card is analogic. The cable company provided a decoder box (digital to analogic) that I connect to the TV tuner card. The decoder box has its own tuner so I need to leave the TV tuner card on channel 3 and use the decoder tuner to select channels to view. Therefore, during the initial set-up only channel 3 was detected. I might be wrong but I think that this prevents EPGs to work for me so this is why I rely on manual scheduling. I will live with this limitation for now, until I think of something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom