How to set default audio device for Mediaportal playback (1 Viewer)

whitenero

June 20, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi All,

I thought i would share the following information with you all seeing at it has caused me no end of confusion and i haven't seemed to find a similar thread.

I have been trying for a long time to output audio from mediaportal to my Speakers(connected by a stereo cable to pc connection(green input) and have all other PC Audio go through my headphones. I only recently discovered that by having a USB headset(Logitec G930 in my case) i was able to watch videos on youtube and listen to the audio on my headphones while my partner watches Movies(on our TV) through mediaportal and she can hear audio through the speakers in our lounge.

This was partly because Windows 7 sets only one default audio device so seemingly this could not be achieved.

Do the following to split the audio:

1. Set headphones as default playback device
2. Go into Mediaportal Configuration > Codecs and Rendering
and turn all the audio renderer drop down's to the speakers option. Do this for each tab so that all types of DVD, Files etch play back through your speakers.

Please note that you will only hear audio when you being playing a movie or tv series and you will not hear any of the default mediaportal sounds like when you scroll or switch menu. If anyone has any suggestions for improvement them please let me know.

I would like to see mediaportal create a function in the configuration so you can set the playback device for the whole of mediaportal so you can hear the program sounds.

Hope this helps.

WhiteNero

biohazardxxx

Portal Pro
August 5, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
"I would like to see mediaportal create a function in the configuration so you can set the playback device for the whole of mediaportal so you can hear the program sounds."

I would also very apreciate this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom