How To Setup Remote? (1 Viewer)

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've installed MP2 on Windows 10 and have set up most things. However I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my remote working. I use a Harmony One with a USBUIRT receiver.

I've tried installing the latest IRSS (I haven't used this before) but the Mediaportal plugins are greyed out?

Could someone share some words of wisdom how to use a remote with MP2?

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
Unfortunately I am no wiser on how to get the remote working with MP2 other than it is somehow possible...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've tried installing the latest IRSS (I haven't used this before) but the Mediaportal plugins are greyed out?
    This is normal, as the "MediaPortal Plugins" are checking for MP1 installations only (if I remember correctly). You should only install the server component.

MP2-Client already has a plugin included which listens on the IRSS if installed.

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    I cannot see any IRSS or remote plugins in the MP2 client settings, is this normal? If so, how do I setup IRSS to control MP2? e.g. How do I teach IRSS that pressing the 'guide' button should launch the TV Guide in MP2?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The plugin itself has no own GUI for configuration. But you can take a look yourself in this file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\IrInput\DefaultRemoteMap.xml.

There is for example a mapping of the IRSS key "Guide" to the MP2 key "S:Guide" (which means special key).
    XML:
      <MappedKeyCode Code="Guide" Key_Name="S:Guide" />

For your configuration this means: you have to map the remote button to "Guide" in the matching remote section. Unfortunately I haven't used IRSS myself yet, so it's a bit guessing from my side.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since I'm using MP1 I controlled my remote with IRSS in addition with MPControlPlugin. I thicked in the IRSS config "WinLirc" and everything worked fine since that.
    Now I installed parallel to MP1 first time the latest MP2 and read that IRSS is already implemented. I tried out different settings but I can't get it work. I'm using the receiver Y.A.R.D.2 and the Harmony One remote. The receiver can handle RC5 and RC6. What do Ii have to do that it works?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom