how to setup "serial UIR"? (1 Viewer)

Nielsen

Portal Pro
December 6, 2004
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi
I am trying to get the serial UIR interface to Work. But i have some trouble to make it work right.
I use a UART <->USB cable connected to a AVR µP (Atmel ATmega16). I have tested the software I have made for the AVR in realterm and seem to send correct commands to the pc.

During setup of serial UIR the learning process seem to work. However, when looking in the remote setup file there are a lot of the received UART data for the same command, e.g actionInt=”2”. In actionInt =”4” I have delete all the duplicates.
<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<docElement><entry actionDescription="ACTION_MOVE_RIGHT" actionInt="2">1717171717171717</entry><entry actionDescription="ACTION_MOVE_DOWN" actionInt="4">15</entry><entry actionDescription="ACTION_MOVE_UP" actionInt="3">1414</entry><entry actionDescription="ACTION_MOVE_LEFT" actionInt="1">1616161616161616</entry><entry actionDescription="ACTION_SELECT_ITEM" actionInt="7">2525252525252525</entry></docElement>

When I test the lean command in MP it either not work, for actionInt =”4” and for action =”2” I have the press the remote button for very long time, several seconds.
But I do miss some information about the setup.
What does the UIR/IRman type receiver means?
What does “delay between commands (xxxx)” (xxx=not readable) mean?

Can anyone provide me with some more information about this interface?

Thanks in advance.

BR
Nielsen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom