How to Stream .TS to other Media Players? (1 Viewer)

Taglicht

Portal Member
January 1, 1970
Hello.
If I got it well, MediaPortal 1.x isn't DNLA server enabled. No problem. If I install (tested several) a DNLA server on the PC where MediaPortal is installed, I can stream all content but not the .TS (tv show recordings) files which not one of the tested DNLS servers recognize as a known video file extension. What solution is there to be able to stream those .TS files please?

PS:
1. I use WD TV Live players
2. I can play on WD TV Live the .TS files ok from a shared folder but there is no flow control and sometimes, the HD recordings need too much bandwidth and get often paused for re caching or are jerky.

Thanks,
Thomas.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I just tested streaming a .ts file using Windows Media Player as the DLNA server and BubbleUPnP on my phone as the client, and it worked ok, did you try using WMP?

dmacleo

Portal Member
    October 25, 2011
    I use wdtv live hub (so not quite the same) and ts files play fine. mediaportal records to a drive on the tvserver machine and in wdtv hub I added that folder to the my media section, not sure if that matters.
    it was my understanding the wdtv live (from wdtv forums) operated the same so I am not sure.
    one thing that helps me though is I use MCEBuddy (free) to monitor my recording directory and automatically convert the ts files to mp4 or mkv, been experimenting with both but either worked fine.
    if the unit you have doesn't natively support ts maybe this is an option?
    but no matter what my wd units DO play ts files fine (including ability to timeseek) w/o streaming from any dlna server and are also HD 1080p recordings from ota here in USA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom