How to switch audio channel of a mpg file? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

When I play a mpg in "My Video", since my mpg file has multiple audio tracks : Audio Track 1 (Both Channels), Audio Track 2 (Left Channel) and Audio Track 2(Right Channel). Is there a way to switch between different audio track? Also, is there a way to pre-defined which track I want to use for each mpg file beforehand in some database or xml file, so that when I play that mpg file, it will automatically use that audio track?

Thanks

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    AerisWind said:
    When I play a mpg in "My Video", since my mpg file has multiple audio tracks : Audio Track 1 (Both Channels), Audio Track 2 (Left Channel) and Audio Track 2(Right Channel). Is there a way to switch between different audio track? Also, is there a way to pre-defined which track I want to use for each mpg file beforehand in some database or xml file, so that when I play that mpg file, it will automatically use that audio track?

Thanks

For the first question - bring up the OSD whilst playing the file with the 'Y' key and then see if you can switch audio streams.

For the other question - the answer is no - but it would be nice especially to remember the Aspect Ratio - ala BSPlayer.

DMAN

A

Anonymous

I have tried press 'Y' but it does not seem to have any options to switch audio track.....

And actually in the process, I also figure out something else. At first I use the latest ffdshow alpha ( ffdshow-20041012 ). After I install it, the media player 10 no longer allow me to switch between audio track.... So I tried the older version of ffdshow ( 2002-06-17 ), and it is ok again. Did anyone else see this problem before?

But in both cases, pressing Y does not have any option to switch audio track..

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    AerisWind,

Put a small version of the mpg on an FTP share and I'll grab it and have a look at it for you. I don't have any dual audio files myself.

Can you change audio stream when playing DVDs btw?
    If using the MCE skin bring up the OSD by pressing Y whilst playing the movie and then the audio stream can be selected with the last icon on the right hand side of the OSD panel.

DMAN

V

viper2005

i have the exact same problem , and when i open the osd and press the button marked with a speaker the popup window is almost blank (meaning it has av display)
    but when i do the same thing to a dvd i can see all the option for audio & sub.

Do we need to cange something?
    (it happends to both ogm and mkv) :cry:

Brainscanner

Portal Member
    September 8, 2005
    I don't know if your question is still up to date, but I just found a way to switch the audio channel.
    In the mce skin press the yellow button on your Hauppauge remote (or the button to display the lower status bar where you can see the length of your movie, your position and the different buttons). Take the last of these buttons with the speaker on it. There you can change the language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom