[Question] How to uninstall completely (1 Viewer)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

I recently went to MP 1.3 Alpha. Before that I uninstalled mpextended, webmediaportail and iis. Now that mp is running fine I wanted to add all that again. After installing I noticed that all my settings were still there. When I went to webmediaportal I could login with my old credentials but no media from mp was showing up. Only home (leading to an empty site) and settings were to see.

So I would do an complete reinstall to check if it fixes the problem. But how to get rid of the left over settings?

Thanks
    Luca

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Remove C:\ProgramData\MPExtended after uninstall. However, you shouldn't need to uninstall MPExtended to upgrade to MP1.3 Alpha.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Oxan, so do you have any idea what might have caused the media to disappear?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My German isn't too good, but it looks like the service doesn't have permission to listen on the 4322 port:
    System.ServiceModel.AddressAccessDeniedException: HTTP konnte URL "http://+:4322/MPExtended/UserSessionService/" nicht registrieren. Der Prozess weist keine Zugriffsrechte für diesen Namespace auf (Details finden Sie unter hhttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=70353). ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: Zugriff verweigert
    Unfortunately that link doesn't work for me (even without the hhttp typo), so it's a bit hard to troubleshoot now.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm, thats odd... the port is still open, I will add the streaminguser under which the service is running to the local admins and report back..

Report back:
    The admin thing and a reboot did the trick.... now I can access my media. Before the streaminguser was a normal user with access to the network shares.
    But something is wrong with my install mpextended config crashed after reboot twice. now its running normal.

Attachments

• error 1.txt
      7.8 KB
    • error 2.txt
      1.9 KB
    Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does it work now?

In that case, I might've already fixed this problem for 0.5.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah its ok now...
    Thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom