How to use a gamepad as a remote fully

Discussion in 'other Input / Output interfaces' started by decilling, January 1, 2008.

1. decilling

decilling Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    If you have a gamepad and no remote controll and find it hard to set it up correctly, I recomend this http://xpadder.com/ It allows you to map the keys out to exactly how you want them with ease.

Here is a screenshot of mine using my xbox 360 controller [​IMG]

I highly recomend this, It made things so much easier. It even allows the joystick's/D-pad to be maped to the mouse so you can move the curser around.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Paranoid Delusion
    • Premium Supporter

Paranoid Delusion Moderation Manager

Electrical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,482 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Moved, seemed far more appropriate.

Nice one, still recommend MCE remote though.

4. vasvas

vasvas Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    yeah im using xbox 360 wirless controllers as well, rather a remtote but atm i have to use the controller

1 question though, does that softwre stop the problem where if u dont have the controller on before media portal starts, then it wont setect it.... i like media portal to start automatically but if i dont turn the controller on first i have to go back out of media portal and into configuration to select it again.... annoying as...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!