How to use comskip in MP2? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Birkenholz

Portal Member
April 29, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

I have been a long time user of MP1. I upgraded to MP2 a few weeks ago. I have comskip running after every recorded episode. I checked the created files and comskip is accurately identifying commercial breaks in the txt file, but I am not sure how to actually get MP2 to skip the commercials. in MP1 I could "see" the identified commercial sections in the status window as red highlighted sections of the timeline and when I hit the forward button on the remote, it would skip through the identified commercial break. Now with MP2, I don't see any identified sections on the timeline and when I hit forward, it goes to the next recorded episode. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Ryan,

Welcome to the MediaPortal forum :).

I found a thread from last year about Comskip: MP2 not skipping commercials. In there @morpheus_xx published a patch to introduce the Comskip functionaility. I can't tell you though if this code was then introduced into the official releases but maybe it's worth a try.

@morpheus_xx , can you tell more about the "fate" of your work?

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I can't tell you though if this code was then introduced into the official releases but maybe it's worth a try.
    Yes, the code is included in the official release and it should work.

@Ryan Birkenholz
    Could you please upload logs with you're try skipping the commercial break? Also, could you please upload one of your txt files generated by comskip?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I also have played with this and have never understood how it should work.
    I have the Donators version comskip81_094

I did a run of it thru Setup TV on the show The Twilight Zone and am including the files it created.

By Chance, there is also a ComClean that appears to be an automatic removal of the detected commercials from the mpeg PS and TS recording you can use comclean.
    Can we get this to work?

Attachments

• The Twilight Zone - S2E1 - King Nine Will Not Return.txt
      133 bytes
    • The Twilight Zone - S2E1 - King Nine Will Not Return.xml
      1.2 KB
    • The Twilight Zone - S2E1 - King Nine Will Not Return.zip
      306 bytes

Paul Beauchemin

August 7, 2017
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Any resolution to the COMSKIP issue?

I have just tried v2.1.1 and it is unclear to me where one would enable the use of the EDL file.
    In MP1, there was a checkbox to formally indicate whether the EDL file should be used, but I dont see it in MP2.1.1.

Is the prompt suppose to exists, or is the option always enabled?

If is it supposed to be enabled, then opn playout I am not seeing the EDL being used.
    As well there is no visual display as in MP1.

Please advise as to whether this functionality is completed or not.

Thanks

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm running 2.1.2 and I am not seeing MP using the EDL file. I this supposed to work in 2.1.2 ?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Please see previous posts, it should work, but people seem to have issues. If you upload logs @aspik can perhaps see the problem.
    Thanks

@morpheus_xx can you confirm the patch for MP2 should work and is integrated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom