How to: use DD Octopus Net in MP (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...I know the frequencies, but how would a rtsp url look like to scan it globally?
    I wouldn't recommend this, but to answer your question: you'd change "pids=0,18,..." to "pids=all".
    Note that:
    • this will cause much higher network usage (eg. maybe 50 Mbps instead of 10 Mbps) per stream (ie. if you're recording one channel and viewing another, that could use 100 Mbps instead of 20 Mbps; for three streams it becomes 150 vs. 30 etc.) because all channels from the transponder are streaming simultaneously even when only one of them is needed
    • some SAT>IP tuners don't support this

...but if you know the frequencies, can't you use the Onet's built in scanning function? (I guess you upload the frequency list, then do the scan.)
    upload_2017-2-20_17-2-8.png

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The documentation of the Octopus is not that good, but I think you have a good point here.

This will be the solution if it works :)

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using another solution. I was able to hookup DVBViewer to my Octopus Net tuner and it made a scan of all channels. I imported this into the Octocast Tool and made a m3u export to Mediaportal.

It seems that the missing channels all work now.

However, I'm confused.

I'm pretty certain my cable provider has a list of 256qam and sr900 channels. And my list until now was all on the 256qam and sr6900.

The DVBViewer scan has given me all 64qam channels with symbolrate 6875. While it also scanned 256qam and sr6900.

Strange thing is, the channels also work with 64qam and sr 6875.

If the channels work on 64 or 256 and 6900 and 6875. What is then the difference between the modulation and symbol rates? Is one preferred over another? 256qam gives more data in a packet / higher quality, correct? But what about the symbol rate.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think the most likely explanation for what you're seeing is that the DD hardware auto-detects the correct symbol rate and modulation when you enter a valid frequency. Therefore the DVBViewer scan can give you variable results. Don't worry about it too much. They're the same channels. Correct values *may* give marginally faster tune requests, but probably any difference is so small you won't be able to measure it.

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You are correct, I asked DD and they indeed verify it doesn't matter what qam and sr I fill out, because they do an auto detect.

andhaka

July 6, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @GuiltyNL

1. EPG
    The first set of log files shows plenty of EPG available:
    [2017-02-12 11:19:49,643] [EPG ] [23 ] [INFO ] - dvb:dvb ready.EPG 308 channels
    [2017-02-12 11:19:50,117] [EPG ] [23 ] [INFO ] - Epg: card:2 received epg for 308 channels

The reason you don't see it is that TV Server is unable to match it to the channels in your database. This is a known limitation with SAT>IP. The solution is relatively easy: manually set the ONID value for each channel.
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Go to the TV Channels section.
    3. Select the first channel and click edit.
    4. Select the tuning detail row in the bottom area and click edit.
    5. Set the "network ID" value to 1536. (I got this value from the log files. It will be different for other people who receive channels from other providers.)
    6. Optional: you can set the provider name if you want to.
    7. Click OK and OK again to close and save.
    8. Repeat instructions 4, 5 and 7 for all other SAT>IP channels in both the TV and radio channels sections.
    If you have many channels, you can achieve the same result faster by editing the database contents directly. Alternatively you could also use the import/export section to export your channels, update the ONID values in the export file, delete the channels in TV Server, then reimport them using the updated export file.

Hi :),

i have a question to this part. I try at the moment a octopus net but not all tv channels have epg, i looked up the network ID of my provider (unitymedia BW) and changed the network id of all tv channels. unfortunately my provider uses more than one network id :/, at the moment i belive they are using 3 or4 different ids. my productive system works with a built in dvb-c card, so i have the chance to look up the ids in the tunigparameter. but still not all channels do receive epg :(.

is there any other way to look the ids in any logfile up, or do i have try and error it out?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello andhaka

so i have the chance to look up the ids in the tunigparameter. but still not all channels do receive epg :(.
    ...then my guess is that your EPG grabber configuration is not so good.

is there any other way to look the ids in any logfile up
    Yes, you can look them up in the log file after a full scan. However, as I said above: it seems more likely that your EPG grabber configuration is not so good.

If you'd like more assistance please provide:
    • name/ID for a channel which is not receiving EPG
    • all TV Server log files (zipped please)
    • screenshots of the EPG grabber configuration (DVB EPG, TV EPG Grabber and radio EPG grabber)

andhaka

July 6, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi mm1352000,

so first the screenshots of the epg config:

DVB-EGP
    DVB-EGP.JPG

EPG Radio
    EGP-RADIO.JPG

EPG TV
    EGP-TV.JPG

and the logs as Zip is attached.

at the moment only two channels doesn't receive epg (ZDF and zdfneo HD)

but i'm also interested in which logfile i can find the network id after i do a full scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom