How to use local backdrops/fanart in TV Series (1 Viewer)

ajssbp

October 28, 2008
Hi everybody,

Just a quick question, but I cannot seem to find the answer to it.....

I know the backdrop images for TV series are stored in the /Fan Art folder (ie. Mediaportal/Thumbs/Fan Art), but my question is what is the required nomenclature? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the documentation. I have downloaded a bunch of backdrops for my tv series that I would like to use (they are currently residing in the main series folder with my media - ie if it is House/Season x/Episodes it is residing under the House directory) but I just don't know what nomenclature to use when they are placed in the Fan Art folder.

A similar question I guess, I also have downloaded the banners I like in the same folders, is there a similar way to get MP to display my banners of choice instead of the ones theTVdb picks as the primary ones? Thanks in advance!

-Adrian

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    They need to be in the fanart folder and have the seriesID (from thetvdb.com) somewhere in the name. For example you could name them "SeriesName Fanart 1 (xxxxx).jpg" where xxxxx is the series ID.

The same cannot be done with banners, only banners imported from thetvdb.com can be used.

ajssbp

October 28, 2008
    Is there a reason why some banners cannot be used? I know I have some fan art that I don't believe is on the tvdb that I would like to use.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Is there a reason why some banners cannot be used? I know I have some fan art that I don't believe is on the tvdb that I would like to use.

You answered your own question, submit the art to TheTVdB website, it is afterall a community contributed site, and you will be able to use the art within MP-TVSeries.

ajssbp

October 28, 2008
    You answered your own question, submit the art to TheTVdB website, it is afterall a community contributed site, and you will be able to use the art within MP-TVSeries.

That's not really my point....... My media PC is frequently not connected to the internet, and I don't want to lose the ability to display or add fanart solely because that fanart isn't on or accessible from thetvdb at that given moment in time. I fully understand that tvdb is community supported, but I don't see why it is absolutely necessary for the fan art to be present on the tvdb for it to be displayed within Tvseries/Mediaportal.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Umm....but Fanart can be used offline, without any link to thetvdb (at least last time I checked). Did you read my reply on how to name them?
    It's banners (series/season banners/ep thumbs) that need to come from online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom