How to use m3u playlists with https links on mediaportal2? (1 Viewer)

nicolas_sarkozy

March 7, 2024
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even though they are working elsewhere, return no signal.

I searched all day and found very few articles regarding this topic.

What I did was place the m3u here:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\TuningParameters\dvbip\

and then scanned it.

The only 2 solutions I saw here were VODServer and the IPTV source splitter but both only seem to be compatible with mediaportal1? Maybe I was just looking at the wrong place?

I found those links but they all seem to be many years old so I thought maybe if I ask someone will have a more up to date reply?

I tried installing that vod server thing and running it with java -jar vodserver.jar but it did not run for me.

I tried downloading the plugin as well but it seems mpe1 plugins won't work at all with mp2?

Thanks again for any replies.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried downloading the plugin as well but it seems mpe1 plugins won't work at all with mp2?
    MP2 is for good reasons not based on MP1, just party the same TVengine is shared.

For the IPTV issue there is no solution. Maybe OnlineVideos can cover this in future, I’ve seen activities in this direction.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In the latest (MP1-only) onlinevideos its already there more or less.

There is a way to add that m3u8 as an entry in the list of sites.
    You will be able to watch them, but not the full functionality (schedule recordings, have a tvguide etc) that the tvserver provides.

Just curious, is that a private url (from a subscription, containing username+secretcode etc) or is it a public one (one that perhaps could benefit other onlinevideos users)?

nicolas_sarkozy

March 7, 2024
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    These are just public free to air channels, the type one would get with his antenna as well, its just that with the m3u8 links I am able to watch free channels from other countries as well, with the antenna the scope of what I can get in my area is limited.

As an ex-president I don't want to watch political public channels
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom