How to use MediaPortal to watch content from pc to tv set? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

January 30, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
How to use MediaPortal to watch content from my pc to my LG smart tv set?
I installed MediaPortal 1.
I have Windows 7 and no tv card. I use a router and it has a network cable plugged into the tv.
I have PLEX installed and it can see my content on my pc using an app from my ROKU box.

How does MediaPortal see my tv set and how do I view it?

I tried MediaPortal 2 but it would never install. I tried another download but get the same error.
Setup Failed. For more information see the log file.
0x80091007 ‐ The hash value is not correct.

David

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello David.

You cannot use MediaPortal 1.x alone as a streaming data source to your LG TV, you use the TV as a monitor in effect, so you will need HDMI cable from PC to the LG TV - audio over HDMI if you want or separate to AV Receiver or external amp/sound bar.

If that's not how you intend to watch content, then MediaPortal 1.x [1.13 is current release] is not the solution and never will be. MPExtended is needed over and above the MediaPortal client see- http://www.**************/ as starting point.

MediaPortal 2 will [not sure how far it's progressed] provide streaming I believe BUT [very BIG BUT], MediaPortal 2 IS still alpha [CORRECTION/edit - as Lehmdem points out - BETA - apologies all round] release - not complete by any means and still in continuous development.

No TV card - means no 'on air' TV service, you may be able to access IPTV services [no idea which ones - sorry], but your existing or new stored content [Movies, Series, Photographs, Videos & Music] are all supported, as are other features via plugins [one's I use are , Weather, Cinema listing - these may NOT be viable via MPExtended] - you can add TV card & capability later if needed without ANY loss of function or major reworking.

PC connected to TV is 'client', it can however have content locally or on another server/NAS, as well as mix of local and networked device, all comes down to how you configure it.

I hope this is of some assistance, even it's just to cut your losses on MePo sooner rather than later.

TTFN - JCMP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom