How to use Mediaportal with a touch screen (PC Monitor) (1 Viewer)

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What exactly is it that you want to accomplish?

Hi, thanks for the really quick response and the screen shots.

First I would like to get the double display to work properly (to be honest, I find it really hard, everytime when I switch of my TV -main screen- my double monitor cfg is changed/damaged); secondly, when only the touchscreen is on I would like to go through MP.

So your description comes close to what I'm looking for. The only thing I'm strugling with is the following, let me try to describe it:
    * Imagine that I'm looking TV and put MP in sleep. How does MP behave when it only has the Touch screen available on waking up?

A this moment I'm absorbing you're information and will give it a shot to use it.
    Is it oke for you, that when I'm stuck that I contact you for help or suggestions?

And again :D

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    What exactly is it that you want to accomplish?

Hi, thanks for the really quick response and the screen shots.

First I would like to get the double display to work properly (to be honest, I find it really hard, everytime when I switch of my TV -main screen- my double monitor cfg is changed/damaged); secondly, when only the touchscreen is on I would like to go through MP.

So your description comes close to what I'm looking for. The only thing I'm strugling with is the following, let me try to describe it:
    * Imagine that I'm looking TV and put MP in sleep. How does MP behave when it only has the Touch screen available on waking up?

A this moment I'm absorbing you're information and will give it a shot to use it.
    Is it oke for you, that when I'm stuck that I contact you for help or suggestions?

And again :D

Ok, let clear things out :
    1. "Double Display" what do you mean about this? Do you mean dual screen with extended desktop? Or do you mean Either Touch Screen or TV as viewing display (only ONE active video output)
    2. Your TV is your PRIMARY DISPLAY, and the TOUCH SCREEN is your SECONDARY DISPLAY?

Why cant you having your Touch screen beeing the Primary Display? And via MP (as i described) having the possibillitys to change video output to TV when needed? Then before you turn your TV off switching back to your Touch Screen?

The problem that occurs when your HTPC is waking up i guess could be solved by having your ATI Profile for your touch screen to beeing loaded by automatic when your PC is waking up. This sets your Touch Screen as your Primary Display, and then you are also able to having MP to be restarted (as I'm doing through the profile manager in CCC). But this will make your Touch Screen ALWAYS be primary screen and with MP to be started every time your HTPC is waking up...

Please give me some more detailed information in what you want to perform and I will trying to help you as much as i can! :)
    Im no PRO but I perhaps could point you in the right direction or give you any hints on what to do!

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, let clear things out :
    1. "Double Display" what do you mean about this? Do you mean dual screen with extended desktop? Or do you mean Either Touch Screen or TV as viewing display (only ONE active video output)
    Yes, the running config now is extended desktop, touch screen is 2nd display

2. Your TV is your PRIMARY DISPLAY, and the TOUCH SCREEN is your SECONDARY DISPLAY?
    Correct

Why cant you having your Touch screen beeing the Primary Display? And via MP (as i described) having the possibillitys to change video output to TV when needed? Then before you turn your TV off switching back to your Touch Screen?
    You're approach is exactly the opposite I've running know, the main issue is the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor). I would like to have it as simple as possible. Allthough reading a lot of threads, the config to use the touchscreen only as input seems not possible with MP and so I'm changing the approach.

The problem that occurs when your HTPC is waking up i guess could be solved by having your ATI Profile for your touch screen to beeing loaded by automatic when your PC is waking up. This sets your Touch Screen as your Primary Display, and then you are also able to having MP to be restarted (as I'm doing through the profile manager in CCC). But this will make your Touch Screen ALWAYS be primary screen and with MP to be started every time your HTPC is waking up...
    Thru, and makes sence!

Please give me some more detailed information in what you want to perform and I will trying to help you as much as i can! :)
    Im no PRO but I perhaps could point you in the right direction or give you any hints on what to do!
    Thanks, only I got the feeling that I'm mis-using WeWe his thread by going into depth here. Shall we continue here or do it PM, or in a new thread?
    But I really like to take your offer (specially the Touch It and automation details when I'm stuck ;-).

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Btw. how do you navigate through the menu? In lower vertical resolutions, the whole menu does not fit in, usually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom