How to use ViewTags? (1 Viewer)

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
August 4, 2010
I am returning to MediaPortal after many years away, and trying to figure out how to tag the tv shows for categorisation.

I am confused about the difference between ViewTags and adding a show to a view. I have spent a couple of days googling, off and on, and cant find anything which explains what the ViewTags View is and what the difference between that and just adding extra Views.

Also, I seem to have somehow created an entry under viewtags somehow, but haven't figured out how to do it. So a step-by-step guide on how to use it would be very useful. When googling i saw some references to a MPTV Series guide by the creators (here: http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/wiki/GettingStarted), but it appears to have vanished.

Also, in MPTV series configuration, looking at the list of views: is there any way to change the order pf views listed there?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    ViewTags is the view I use myself, and it allows you to show all the custom views you have created like categories.

It makes MP-TVSeries act a lot like Moving-Pictures default setup at that moment. So create many views that match what you want to have, for example "Action TV Shows" and only add the `action` shows to that view, and then when you activate "viewTags" as the viewer, it will list "Action TV Shows" near the top of the list, and when you 'open' it all those shows you added are shown.

Does that make sense?

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2010
    Is the difference that viewtags sorts the categories alphabetically, and the normal view sorts them in the order you add new views?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom