Tools and other software [How To] [User Exp] Update MySQL (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @FreakyJ

Do you have the scripts for moving the db between MySQL instances.

For me the first connection was straight forward, but that was Argus TV, the MediaPortal TVServer was a nightmare to establish a connection, but that was completely my fault as I'm certainly no expert regarding setting up db and connections.

When you see the settings in the below picture, you think everything would be easy, but for whatever reason, connection constantly refused, then it just started working when I went into the user privileges page of workbench, did not change any settings but all was well after that.

sshot-20.png

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you have the scripts for moving the db between MySQL instances.
    Sorry I really don't know how I can help you :p

If you're talking about copying the DB between different mysql version/computers just take the db from the mysql data folder and put it in the data folder of the new mysql instance :)

EDIT:
    DB Connections are just the stored connection parameters for the Mysql Qorkbench...

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    If you're talking about copying the DB between different mysql version/computers just take the db from the mysql data folder and put it in the data folder of the new mysql instance :)

EDIT:
    DB Connections are just the stored connection parameters for the Mysql Qorkbench...
    it's really easy ?

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yeah it is that easy :)
    just go to:
    C:\Users\All Users\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data
    and copy the mptvdb folder to the data folder of the mysql instance.
    you have to stop the mysql service before copying from and to the data folder, that is really important ;)

you can start/stop the service under "services" or go to "run" and type "services.msc" or it is called "Dienste" in german, depends on your language :)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After a long evening I got it working.
    MePo 1.30 RC running with MySQL 5.6 TV-Server Database.

I did it this way:
    • do a backup with huhas Backup plugin
      worked without any problems
    • remove 1.30 beta + TV-server completely
    • uninstall MySQL 5.1
    • install MySQL 5.6
      Here I had some trouble.
      I did not have a running MySQL service at first. I had to reinstall MySQL.
      Than the service was there but not up and running. The MySQL installer inserted a "WINDOWS-NT authority ..." username. I have changed this to local system user. Than the service started.
      No trouble with the MySQL-connection at this point.
      At this point it does not make sense to go ahead without running MySQL-service or not working connection.
      Perhaps a more experienced MySQL user can give some hints here how to avoid errors.
    • have a look how to switch from MyISAM to InnoDBnothing to do here
    • install 1.30RC and choose the option "I do already have a database-server"
      Here I had some trouble again.
      During installation I was asked for the database connection attributes. The installer did not accept 127.0.0.1 or localhost as address of the server that hosts the database. It always said "give propper IP or hostname"
      At this point I had to go back to MySQL workbench and had to add a user/hostname combination "root / <full hostname of htpc>" and to give DBA rights to this user.
      After this the MePo installer created all MePo tables in the MySQL 5.6 DB.
    • restore my backup
      I had a little problem here also. After the restore all TV-channels now have channel number 1000 (or 10000?)
      @huha: Are you aware of this?
    • hope everything works as before
      I did a quick check last evening. So far no shop stoppers until now. I will do some regression tests the next evenings and check the logs for errors.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i try it this evening, without uninstall 1.3Beta.
    • Update MySQL (with copy-paste data folder)
    • Update MP to 1.3 RC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom