How to Watch my videos from my Media Portal to My TV without TV Tuner (1 Viewer)

Moe Wilde

October 12, 2019
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I currently have Media Portal installed on just my PC as a library and viewing platform for my personal collection of videos and movies. I would like to also have it on my TV to watch my collection on my TV. I do not have a TV tuner card installed at this moment but I am also not interested at this time to use the internet tv. I would only like to be able to watch my videos from my living room at this time. I have searched the forums for a similar post with no success so any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I currently have Media Portal installed on just my PC as a library and viewing platform for my personal collection of videos and movies. I would like to also have it on my TV to watch my collection on my TV.
    I am not sure that I understand what setup you are trying to achieve. Some suggestions:

(1) Place the PC adjacent to the TV. Connect the video output from the PC to the video input on the TV. Most desktop PCs and laptops have HDMI output sockets these days, and most modern TVs have HDMI input sockets, so you simply need an HDMI-to-HDMI cable to connect the two together.

(2) If your hope is to stream the video from your PC to the TV, I don't think that you can do that using MediaPortal. To use MP, you would need a second PC adjacent to the TV to act as an "MP client", while your existing PC would act as the "MP server". The client PC would receive the datastream from the server PC (via ethernet or possibly wi-fi), and convert that into video signals to pass to the TV via the HDMI connection.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom