HowTo: Building MediaPortal with Borland C#Builder Personal (1 Viewer)

W

wozio

... and have a solution :)

In WindowPlugins.dll prject open home and SetupForm.cs. You must edit code directly instead of designing window and change only one variable resource into something else resource_ for example. There is only declaration of it in line 103 and using in line 164.

I think that's it.

wozio

A

Anonymous

Thx wozio: it worked. But don't ask me how...
1. I changed the variable resources to something else. Still errors.
2. I located the 2 other occurrences of ´resources´ and changed those as well. Still errors but 3 less.
3. I did a rollback of all the changes, and now it compiles fine, with the original sources :?
Well, if it works...

W

wozio

Hi,

Some kind of magic I see ;-)

Do not forget to copy all needed by MP directories, without them it will be exception or blank screen...

Look into log to check what wasn't found.

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
I got the latest CVS code and was starting to go through the list of project to import and compile, but the very first one gave me a proble. Where is the project file. I can only find *.cs files in the directory.

W

wozio

Hi,

Don't use method described at the beggining of this thread, it is old.

Just import all csproj files into jour project group in C#B and try to build them one after another. You have to figure out proper order, first one is core as far as I remember :)

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
I added all the project files to a new project group as suggested. But when I came to add the final mediaportal project file I got this error:

Visual Studio Conversion Tool
Using transform document: D:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\1.0\Bin\VSImport.xsl
Input file: D:\MediaPortal\mediaportal\mediaportal\xbmc\MediaPortal.csproj
Output file: D:\MediaPortal\mediaportal\mediaportal\xbmc\MediaPortal.bdsproj
Destination Document Error: Required white space was missing.

Line: 408
PostBuildEvent=""$(ProjectDir)$(OutDir)

Any idea what might be causing this ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom