HowTo: Building MediaPortal with Borland C#Builder Personal (1 Viewer)

W

wozio

Oh yes, I also had this, you must open MediaPortal.csproj file. find line 408 and delete extra quotation-marks. Original line has "'something here'" and should be "something here".

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
Great I got round that bit and it's all compiling. Now when I run MP under debug I can see it's falling over because the mediaportal.exe.config file doesn't exist. I run the configuration.exe app, but this obviously doesn't generate that file. So the question is, what, does, and how do I do it for myself ?

W

wozio

I do not know that :)

I copied this file from released MP, together with rest missing files and directories (weather for example).

PeteSmith20052000

March 5, 2006
Hi,
I am trying to build this under C# Builder.

I cant find the following files to compile from your list.
DShowNET
DirectX.Capture
guilib
Util
Home
TagReader
MusicDatabase
SubTitleReader
VideoPlayer
PlayList
GUIMusic
PictureDatabase
GUIPictures
TVDatabase
TVCapture
GUITV
VideoDatabase
GUIVideoFiles
GUIVideoFullScreen
GUIWeather
nzlib (in the directory mp3TagReader)
mp3TagReader
SetupScreens
SMIReader
SRTReader

What version is this for?

Does someone have that order and files for the latest build?

Regards
Pete

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    The first post is quite old, so maybe new version of C# builder has been released. Also the code in MP has been restructured and we moved to .NET 2.0.

So I am not sure how usefull the information is. But if you manage to build MP with C# builder it would be nice if you could post your results in this thread.

BTW: Is there any special reason you are not using Visual C# Express? There is a solution file maintained by the MP dev team and it is free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom