Howto change font in mynumberplace? (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

How do I change the font or font size in mynumberplace (in the game area, the numbers)? I see the <font> tag (was font16) but no matter what font I specify (the corresponding font exists in fonts.xml) I cant get the font to change. Does anyone knows if some special rules applies to fonts in mynumberplace? I can change fonts in all other parts of my skin (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/skins-50/x-factor-skin-52806/).

Example of my xml;
    <control>
    <type>cell</type>
    <id>1006</id>
    <posX>932</posX>
    <posY>177</posY>
    <onleft>1005</onleft>
    <onright>1007</onright>
    <onup>9006</onup>
    <ondown>2006</ondown>
    <label>-</label>
    <width>72</width>
    <height>51</height>
    <font>font16</font>
    <textcolor>ffffff</textcolor>
    <textureFocus>icon_empty_focus.png</textureFocus>
    <textureNoFocus>icon_empty_nofocus.png</textureNoFocus>
    </control>

Please advice (I'm stuck)...

Best Regards
    cul8er

explodedk

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    following this since i have same problem ...

maybe the font should be set earlier i dont know but here is the whole control

Code:
    <control>
     <description>TheButton</description>
     <type>group</type>
     <id>10</id>
     <posX>100</posX>
     <posY>146</posY>
     <width>533</width>
     <height>533</height>
    <!-- row 1 
     -->
    <control>
     <type>cell</type>
     <id>1000</id>
     <posX>199</posX>
     <posY>146</posY>
     <onright>1001</onright>
     <onup>9000</onup>
     <ondown>2000</ondown>
     <label>-</label>
     <width>54</width>
     <height>54</height>
    [b] <font>font16</font>[/b]
     <textureFocus>listbg_fo.png</textureFocus>
     <textureNoFocus>listbg_nf.png</textureNoFocus>
     </control>
    </control>
    maybe the font should be set withing the group control. ?

p13man

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Looks like the numbers are controlled by the plugin, not the skin file. Changing the font size, color or type doesn't make any difference at all.
    have you tried a PM to the author?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I haven't talked to the author of the plugin because if I use Blue3Wide skin the fonts are bigger.... so it must be a skin issue (I think..).

Anyone??

cheers
    cul8er

p13man

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    in my version i have also bigger fonts than cul8er, but i would like to change the font to match rest of the skin

I get that but I can't see where the font tag is that determines the content of cell. The 'font 16' and 'color white' refer to the label attribute but that doesn't have a value. The imported files are common.window.xml and common.time.xml and they don't refer to the cell contents so where are the 'in cell' fonts called from. If it's not from the skin it must be from the plugin because that's where the numbers are generated.

@Cul8ter -There will be a difference in size between blue3 and blue3wide if you are looking at them on the same monitor and at the same resolution because they are designed for different aspect ratios. if there wasn't a difference there wouldn't need to be wide skins and 4x3 skins.

Like you, explodedK, I'm designing a skin, too and get really frustrated at the time I have to spend reverse engineering things to find out how they work. There are so many components without info. But.....that's open source. Gotta take the bad with the good but if you ever locate a really comprehensive guide, please share it. I'll do the same.

explodedk

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    yea the documentation for skinning have many flaws... i wouldn't mind sharing if i had any :)
    cul8er which mynumberreplacement did you use as template ? from which skin did you borrow

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I found the answer to this after some tests. You have to have font18 defined in your skins fonts.xml as the mynumberplace plugin has hardcoded the use of this font. If you change font attributes of font18 you can then change how numbers look in the plugin.

cheers
    cul8er

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Hi,

I found the answer to this after some tests. You have to have font18 defined in your skins fonts.xml as the mynumberplace plugin has hardcoded the use of this font. If you change font attributes of font18 you can then change how numbers look in the plugin.

cheers
    cul8er

You might be interested in this thread. Sambal made a more skinnable version:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ature-request-here-48/skinnable-sudoku-48725/

You can try it, but you will need to compile the changed files by yourself.

I'll try to interest one of the developers to implement the changes in order to get away from the hardcoded font, but it surely will be low priority!

tomtom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom