Howto configure setup for use over HDMI? (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Peter,

1) As said before, you really should set your refresh rate to 50 Hz. You don't lose any quality. This argument applied to CRT Screens but LCD and LED have a different technology which is not really depending on the refresh rate anymore.
    2) The dynamic refres rate changer is required if you want to watch BlueRay material. These run at 23.97 Hz and the refresh rate needs to be adjusted. Your TV screen is capable of displaying this
    3) All other material in Europe will run at 50 Hz.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Peter,

1) As said before, you really should set your refresh rate to 50 Hz. You don't lose any quality. This argument applied to CRT Screens but LCD and LED have a different technology which is not really depending on the refresh rate anymore.
    2) The dynamic refres rate changer is required if you want to watch BlueRay material. These run at 23.97 Hz and the refresh rate needs to be adjusted. Your TV screen is capable of displaying this
    3) All other material in Europe will run at 50 Hz.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

I think it doesn't really matter which refresh rate you have, as long as you get dynamic refresh rate changer set it to the correct one when playing a video (note: lots of videos on onlinevideos have a framerate which doesn't match with 50Hz) it's fine

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thank you guys for your help (good tip on that note Paul ;))
    I have set it to 1920x1080@50p, disabled the refresh rate changer for now and everything seems ok so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

BTW, realized I never replied back on this one, in case anyone else runs into it. @Stéphane Lenclud Got me pointed in the right direction. My TV Has an option HD Deep Color Mode, turning this on or off will get the desired results.
    BTW, realized I never replied back on this one, in case anyone else runs into it. @Stéphane Lenclud Got me pointed in the right...
    Okay, I am having some issues. i will try and go to as much detail in text as I can but the attached short video shows what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Cheers for the replies folks turned a few things on and off with no luck. Then found the fast start option that CyberSimian suggested and that seems to have done the trick. Guess that's been activated by an update as I wouldn't have enough turned it on accidentally and haven't altered anything else I don't think. Thanks again for the...
    Cheers for the replies folks turned a few things on and off with no luck. Then found the fast start option that CyberSimian...
    Here is my user report and setup description of the Justop G-PC Quad Core Windows 8.1 Mini PC, which I bought from Amazon UK for 90...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, yeah for some reason it will not work anymore for me using the username and password method. I had to switch over to the zipcode/lineupid method, but now it is working again.
    OK, yeah for some reason it will not work anymore for me using the username and password method. I had to switch over to the...
    EDIT: I am working on a new setup of this and will post here when completed. The new setup will allow the addition of Series info...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks! Yes I read that later, about Channel mapping..I will edit my post for that later tonight. About removing the CI assignments, may be this helps, I do not know, but right now all channels seem to work OK though.
    Thanks! Yes I read that later, about Channel mapping..I will edit my post for that later tonight. About removing the CI...
    Hi folks, Since I could not find any complete tutorial for the installation of my new Digital Devices (DD) DuoFlex C/C2/T/T2 V3...
    Replies
    Views
    I don't use a TV-card, not on my real setup and not in the virtual setup, so I'm not sure about how hard it is to get it to work. When I look in the manual, e.g. https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch09.html#pcipassthrough , it seems like a Linux host can let the virtual machine use the host PCI cards, if the requirements are met.
    I don't use a TV-card, not on my real setup and not in the virtual setup, so I'm not sure about how hard it is to get it to work...
    I am testing MP2 on VirtualBox. Before with MP1 I had problems getting it to work, so I don't know if I just did it a difficult way...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom