Howto: Enable 720p50 and 1080i25 with ATI Catalyst 6.6 (1 Viewer)

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
Thankyou for the detailed response. Very informative.

Well, I'm using a 36" Sony CRT via component. It support 720p50/60 & 1080i25/30, but achieving 1:1 is not a realistic option. However, getting smooth DVB-T playback is now very simple.

Cheers

thiskl

I think that 1:1 pixel isnt that much of an issue on crts. They have flexible "pixels". When you switch resolutions on a multisync crt PC monitor, you wont notice anything but hight/lower resolution.

regards
Knut

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
No it is not the only one. Other did it before, we already said that. Please don't publish misinformation.

sy

Portal Member
June 26, 2006
Bristol, UK
Sorry to revise an old thread but I am hoping someone may be able to help me. I have used the advice of thiskl and used the ATI registry tweek to obtain 50hz on my HTPC in the past.

However, having finished a clean install, I find that the instructions have been removed from ATI's website. I remember it involved adding a DWORD entry to the registry but not what it needed to say.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Sy

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think you will find that recent Catalyst drivers include the 50Hz option, so it is no longer necessary to implement the "registry tweek". Hence the reason that ATI have removed that article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom