[HowTo] Use Gamepads to control MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

vasvas

Portal Member
September 15, 2007
Home Country
i have the xbox wireless controller working almost perfectly.... mp config makes it real easy to setup,
i just have to glitches, one is that when i press the button to select an item it sometimes double clicks, and the other is that if i dont turn the wireless controller on before media portal it wont detect it(Cause its wireless and windoews needs to detect it) is there any way to edit mp to always detect it even if i sont get it in first ??

cheers to all

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i have the xbox wireless controller working almost perfectly.... mp config makes it real easy to setup,
    i just have to glitches, one is that when i press the button to select an item it sometimes double clicks, and the other is that if i dont turn the wireless controller on before media portal it wont detect it(Cause its wireless and windoews needs to detect it) is there any way to edit mp to always detect it even if i sont get it in first ??
    Detection of DirectInput devices while MP is running is not possible, it think.
    I don't expect any updates for the inbuilt part of DirectInput control.

But and-81 has done a great work with it's irserver suite. here is the forum: MCE Replacement Plugin - MediaPortal Forum
    And he plans to support DirectInput in future: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...n-165/ir-server-suite-feature-requests-33468/
    So we "just" have to wait for it. ;)
    I am not up to date with his latest changes.

regards
    chefkoch

synch

May 13, 2005
    Let's see if I can revive this thread... ;)

I've set up my MP so that I can play MAME games with it. Everything works fine but when I use my joystick to select a game and the game starts MP still listens to the joystick input. This means that until I figured out what was going on I was starting a new instance of MAME with every push of a certain button.

Anyone have any ideas how to prevent the joystick from working with MP while in MAME?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom