HP MCE Remote IR Receiver Install Troubles (1 Viewer)

caustik_bt

Portal Member
September 21, 2007
MN
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello all. I just purchased an HP MCE Remote, and am stumped as to how to get it to work. The receiver is at best being identified as "BB+ Dongle(e.d)", but I can't for the life of me find drivers or any information as to how to get it to work. Please, I would like to get this working with MP! (Oh, and yes, MP is configured to use MCE remote.)

Receiver: HP 5070-2584
It is a USB IR receiver that came with my HP MCE remote.

caustik_bt

Portal Member
September 21, 2007
MN
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I tried that patch, still nothing. I also tried it out on a media center pc, but no luck, same deal with the BB+ Dongle(e.d).

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You mean that it didn't even work with Microsoft Windows Media Center?

If that's the case then it sounds like you need to send it back to where you got it from, it sounds like it's broken.

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Try to get a proper Microsoft OEM one. While you're at it, try to get one with the European/Australian remote that has the extra four coloured teletext buttons.

Good luck,

bulldogbreed

May 20, 2007
    i installed these drivers and they properly identified the remote (no more "BB dongle + e.d"), it still doesn't work right but i am a bit closer than i was. might want to try it out.

Attachments

• ehome_xpmce_vista.zip
      30.6 KB

cybrmage

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The new HP receivers and many others (like the one integrated into the MatrixOrbital GX Typhoon LCD" are a "Designed for Vista" product.... Microsoft changed the specifications for compliance for Vista MCE compatible devices... The older receivers will work with Vista, but the newer ones will not work with XP... (I've tried every driver I've been able to find...)

Before declaring the device defective, try it in Vista (if you can) and see if it works there...

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That's quite interesting ... I reckon I might be able to get it to work in XP ... Maybe...

Has anyone got one that they don't need (have replaced with an XP compatible MCE Remote) and wouldn't mind donating it to science?

I'm in Australia so the shipping is probably going to be a prohibiting factor ... But if anyone's interested, let me know.

Cheers,

cybrmage

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    That's quite interesting ... I reckon I might be able to get it to work in XP ... Maybe...

Does the IR Server software install any drivers for the MCE receivers???

After installing every driver that I could find, including the USBCIR driver and the MCE replacement driver, and removing them because they didn't work with my MatrixOrbital V3 device(receiver only), I reinstalled the Microsoft MCE drivers and the IR Server (mostly just to see what the IR server was like)... and wonder of wonders.... it worked!!!... both with and without the IR Server software running....

So... Thanks for the IR Server software... without it I would have shelved trying to get the receiver working...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom