HP Media Center Bean Bag - Port 1 Refuses To Work (1 Viewer)

spar1grep

Portal Member
February 27, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

After three years of pain staking self teaching on MediaPortal I am 95% complete in having my dream Home PVR solution, I am now running a dual tuner, dual STB client/server configuration (3 x clients, 1 x server), My TV Series, Moving Pictures, all PVR clients utilising the same model of MCE compatible remote.

One last hurdle which I cannot figure, I am hoping some IR Server knowledge expert can help?

On the TV Server I am using the HP Media Center beanbag transciever model OVU400102/71 3139 228 64141, part number HP Part No 5187-4593. Now I am at a stage where I need to utilise both the IR sender bug ports (1 for a V+ box, and one for a EuroVox PVR 5100).

If I use port #2 on the bean bag it all works fine, however port #1 never works, even though it shows up in the TV Server Blaster Plugin as port that can be used. As I have three bean bag transceivers I have tried all three, all with the same effect. Apart from installing IR Server Suite 1.4.2.3158, I have not made any registry changes or used the obsolete MCE driver replacement as I think all these issues where sorted in XP Professional SP2. In any event the transceiver sends and receives just fine if using port #2.

I have searched and searched and Googled, and Yahooed but can I find a reason as to why port #1 does not work which applies, no :-(

The transceiver is detected by Windows XP Professional fine (eHarmony USB driver).

I read some posts on the GB PVR forum about Hauppage software installations breaking software communication with port #1 on MS transceivers, which the fix was to install the XP MCE 2005 eHome Update Rollup 2 (using a WinTV PVR 250 and 350). I have tried the XP MCE 2005 eHome Update Rollup 2 method, but this does not allow for installation as it reports I already have a later version SP then expected, am I doing it wrong, should I be performing a manual update rather then using the XP MCE 2005 installer, would XP SP3 not have the update rollup included?

Any help/ideas would be of great assistance! Im betting it is a known issue and that I have missed something...

Thanks.

Gary.

cafe.racer

Portal Pro
August 5, 2008
Home Country
Clinton is the man you want (I think).

Not sure what version of the MCE Transceiver made it into the IRSS release you have, but search for posts by Clinton...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had the same MCE remote as you.

I got the blasters working with XP Pro SP3 by installing LM Remote KeyMap

The wierd thing is, that intially only blaster port #2 worked for me, but now both blasters work.

spar1grep

Portal Member
    February 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Hello Kiwijunglist,

Are you changing channels within MP through the EPG and then LM Remote Keymap is blasting the channel change to a STB?

Thanks.

Gary.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No i am using the blaster to blast the audio receiver, so that when i press vol +/- or mute on the remote it blasts my audio receiver.
    The lm remote keymap tvserver plugin for changing channels on a set top box is only available for the paid version.

However you can could probably create your own plugin with a vbs or autohotkey script as lmremote keymap supports a very powerful command line interface, however if you want to part with some cash you can get the official plugin.

LM Gestion : LM Remote KeyMap : Change channels with your MCE IR Blaster or USB-UIRT

Look here -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...works-during-stb-setup-but-not-preview-70172/
    HP MCE blaster working for changing channels.

spar1grep

Portal Member
    February 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks very much for the infromation KiwiJungList! I think I will go the donator route for the LM Remote software, that way I can rule out the cause of port #1 on the beanbag not working being the eHome drive within Windows as I seriously doubt it is a hardware failure as I have three of the devices all of which suffer the same problem when using the IRSS server suite.

Again thanks for the information, it has been of great help.

spar1grep

Portal Member
    February 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Hello kiwijunglist,

It is exactly the right tool, both ports on beanbag now working, the software even learns the IR codes first time round, with IRSS I had to zap about 5-6 times for the learning to be successful!

Thanks very very very very much, I now have hit the dream solution I wanted from MP.

Thanks to the MP for all thier work too!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if you find mediaportal crashes when going in + out of standby using the remote power button, then edit the power button in the default remote profile in lm remote keymap, and delete the action. ( i think the action is called send ...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom