HP Mobile remote compatible? (1 Viewer)

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Has anyone got the HP Pavillian notebook remote working with Mediaportal? Mine is a Vista OS. Like elektrik, it works with the two programs he mentioned.

Anyone get the remote to work with MCE Replacement driver? I can't get that to install because Vista blocks it. The arrows work but not 'play' 'stop' 'skip' etc.

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Unfortunately the geniuses that created this remote did not make it a HID based remote. It is actually a custom driver that works only with the IR port on the HP laptop or desktop. The software and driver are known as QuickPlay and it works for the QuickPlayer and MediaCenter software only. It is very frustrating as I would love to support this remote in my software Intelliremote but unless someone has any idea on how to hack the driver or DLL I think we are out of luck. I actually own one of these remotes for my HP Pavillion laptop and I tried everything I could think of to try and intercept its commands to re-reroute but came up empty. If anyone ever does figure it out or reverse engineers the HP Driver I would love the hear about it!

Sorry, I feel your frustration because it is a cool remote.

elektrik

Portal Member
January 17, 2007
Unfortunately the geniuses that created this remote did not make it a HID based remote. It is actually a custom driver that works only with the IR port on the HP laptop or desktop. The software and driver are known as QuickPlay and it works for the QuickPlayer and MediaCenter software only. It is very frustrating as I would love to support this remote in my software Intelliremote but unless someone has any idea on how to hack the driver or DLL I think we are out of luck. I actually own one of these remotes for my HP Pavillion laptop and I tried everything I could think of to try and intercept its commands to re-reroute but came up empty. If anyone ever does figure it out or reverse engineers the HP Driver I would love the hear about it!

Sorry, I feel your frustration because it is a cool remote.

And sadly, it gets worse-I have the TV tuner card, and the "large" remote that comes with it won't even work with XP media center (not exactly heartbreaking, since I can use the Hauppage remote just fine with it), but still...

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
I just did a 'live chat' with HP support. I asked her if we could disable the HP remote and use a standard USB remote. She said the HP remote couldn't be disabled but perhaps covering the remote sensor at the front of the notebook would keep the HP remote driver from picking up the USB remote. Has anyone tried this?

elektrik

Portal Member
January 17, 2007
I just did a 'live chat' with HP support. I asked her if we could disable the HP remote and use a standard USB remote. She said the HP remote couldn't be disabled but perhaps covering the remote sensor at the front of the notebook would keep the HP remote driver from picking up the USB remote. Has anyone tried this?

I plugged in the Hauppage! remote that they gave me for use with the Wintv pvr 150 and it works fine-I never have any problems with the remote driver.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom