HTPC doesn't go back to sleep if waken by Windows Scheduler (1 Viewer)

Gilean

Portal Member
January 28, 2013
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hello!

I am not sure if this question belongs here, but let's try anyway...

I have set up my MP 1.8 & PowerScheduler so that my HTPC goes to sleep (S3) if the focus is on MediaPortal main screen and computer has been idle for 2 minutes. I have also checked the condition where there must not be any network activity (because my backup software might be backing up my HTPC to NAS), or PowerScheduler do not put computer to sleep. This works well. Also my HTPC wakes up for scheduled recordings, and goes back to sleep when recording is done.

Now I have created new schedules manually: I wake up my HTPC with scheduled task that happens the same minute I have scheduled AOMEI Backupper to do backups from my HTPC to NAS (AOMEI Backupper doesn't wake up Computer automatically). This happens once in every couple of days.

This morning I tested how this worked, and everything went fine: my Computer woke up, and AOMEI Backupper did it's thing. However, my HTPC did not go back to sleep after that! I thought that Mediaportal's PowerScheduler would have put my Computer back to sleep after the backupping is done (and Network activity goes to zero), but apparently that is not the case. However, I had a scheduled recording that happened after 1 hour or so, and after that recording was done, my Computer went back to sleep!

So, apparently PowerScheduler doesn't put computer to sleep if computer was waken up by sheduled task that was not created by MediaPortal. Is that expected?

Now I am thinking that I could create another task that triggers when computer is idle (so my HTPC would go back to sleep after that backupping task is finished), but I cannot figure out how to trigger a task when computer is idle AND Mediaportal main screen is selected, because sometimes I want to keep my HTPC on even if I am not actively using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom