HTPC down for 3 days ... GOING CRAZY (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My power supply died today, too late to get a replacement ordered early. It was faithful 24/7 for the last 4 years.

Won't have MP up and running again till Friday night. I so miss time shift and multi-channel recording right now. Not to mention all the other features I've been using daily.

:(

I'll might actually get some work done, and meet my family ... oh ... hey! ... we have a cat!

Chuck

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Mine did that at this time last year, so my sympathy goes out to you for your loss, sounds more like a obituary lol.

Beat you, 3 dogs and a cat :D

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ... didn't know we had a cat .... :mad:

;)

My wife was crabby last night ... had to connect the digital converter box .... could only watch ONE channel .... AND had to sit through the commercials .... AND no DVR :mad:

(lucky I could find the episode she missed online with the office computer)

Chuck

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hehe.

When I learned to know my girl friend she asked me : "What's that for a silly hobby!"
    After two weeks. "Hmmm... it's cool with your TV but please don't waste so much time with it"
    1 month ago. "Hey! When is you tv running again? I'm missing my 5 favorite series!" :D
    And yesterday she said to here girl friend who visited us: "Look this is totally cool. I never miss my series again? Let us watch the series together."

:D

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Same here Hafblade! :D

My life would be hell if I dumped MP - there are over 650 films and 120 TV series for the GF to watch. She whinged and bitched at first when I was learning it (I still am learning! :oops: ) but now she knows how to use it, and how to record, she is happy.

M

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Just had a visitor who asked what special tv I had after he saw Avallonis home screen menu, after a quick demo show casing tv, MovPics, TVSeries and Online video's he's hooked, coming back at the weekend to demo to his Mrs :)

Feel another build coming on ;)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Ray,

A friend and neighbour of mine has Sky+ Multiroom, Apple TV, iPads, iPhones, PS3 room etc, etc and has asked me many times to build him a system; I'm always reluctant to do so as I feel if there were any difficulties, I would forever be at his house sorting it out.

BTW, he just bought himself a Sony 'smart' TV for his bedroom and was almost wetting himself at the fact he could link it up to a server and play films directly. :rolleyes:

M

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Done about 15 now, biggest problem has always been sourcing a mce remote receiver, and got 2 of those spare at the moment.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Ray,

Have they been stable installs?

Just when I think "Hmmm... running well, not had to mess for a week" it all goes t!ts up. Now the bedroom client is playing up and not displaying any TV... if still no-go tomorrow I've threatened it with a clean install. It is this sort of thing that puts me off doing it for others.

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom