HTPC - Hardware Advice | Page 2

Discussion in 'General' started by D3tritus, July 19, 2013.

1. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,849 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    From what I've heard I would prefer AMD iGPU over Intel iGPU. However if you want the best GPU for HTPC grab a 7750.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. D3tritus

D3tritus Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    After a lot of waiting, I finally took the plunge over the Xmas period. I found a source for the i3-4330T, here's the final spec:
    Intel i3-4330T CPU
    ASUS H87M-PRO Mobo
    8GB RAM
    Noctua NH-L12 LP CPU Cooler
    Silverstone GD04 Grandia
    128GB SSD
    430W SEASONIC M1211-430 PSU

I know a lot of people don't like the T series processors, preferring to underclock the vanilla i4330. I was happy to pay a little extra for the processor and run it stock. Initial impressions are good. I'm running with two of the stock Silverstone fans in the case (removing the left-hand fan) and have rigged up the NH-L12 with a single 120mm fan under the cooler (which, although tight, fits...just). I went with the Asus board on the basis that it has Fax Xpert 2 and I wanted to have decent control over the fan setup in the OS. I've benchmarked and configured the fans using this tool. The system is whisper quiet in operation (excepting for a brief period when all fans run @ maximum on boot/reboot). Playback of all content is smooth using the integrated HD4600 GPU in the CPU (note, this is subjective, I've not run any benchmarking tools). I have a couple of minor issues to resolve relating to S3 standby but otherwise all is good. It's already working much better than my old rig. Happy.

4. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,803 / 30
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    Enough, I had more than one year running.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/my-fanless-htpc.118830/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!