HTPC setup for display calibration (1 Viewer)

rohnfe

Portal Pro
September 9, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

somehow i lost my account and needed to open a new one...
I have some questions regarding the renderer MP is using (EVR)... as i was about to calibrate my TV with HCFR these days i ran into some issues in regards to the setup of the video pipline to get the best/proper picture - specially in regards to the RGB range and setting up contrast and brightness with flashing bars patterns.
As i found out EVR that MP uses is only putting out RGB 0-255...
First is this correct ? I guess this can`t be changed?

I wanted to use Media Player Classic to show the calibration patterns (16-235) - easier to use for showing the patterns -
so i setup MPHC the same way as LAV Filters in MP are setup.

This is the setup i tried to use to get Blacker than Black and Whiter than White setup the way it should be:

TV: 16-235
GPU: 0-255 Full RGB (NVIDIA 425M)
LAV: 16-235
Renderer: EVR 0-255 only ?

Somehow it seems that i can`t get BTB and WTW to show up whenever using EVR (using flashing bars Testpatterns)...
EVR custom presenter and MadVR for example is working without problems but EVR is not...:(

Does anybody have an idea how to setup the complete "chain" to get this working?
I have been reading through several guides including the one here in this forum but nothing seems to be working.

Desktop colorspace is not a concern here as i wanted to have it setup for movies in first row...

Greetings

Felix

rohnfe

Portal Pro
September 9, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
i think this one can be closed as it seems to be the wrong place. I have moved it to codecs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom