HTPC setup, TV Server backend (1 Viewer)

David W

September 6, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Windows 7 64 SP1 My system is a i3 core, CPU 560, ATI Radeon 5570, 4Gb ram, TV card is a Hauppauge 2250.

My questions are:

What TVserver do I download? I did see this WinTV-CI as a server for my card but can not find it to download. Is this the same as winTV7 software? I do not use that since I been using WMC7. Or is there another I can use for my TV card?

I have cable my company is a local service they do not force me have a cable box like Comcast does. I get more TV digital channels than analog currently.

This turner I think has two analog and two digital turners each can I use both digital turners like I can in WMC7?

Thanks
Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Dave :)

What TVserver do I download?
    MediaPortal comes with its own TV Server, so this is not something you need to worry about. Just install MediaPortal, and during installation make sure you select the option that says "yes, I want to use MediaPortal to watch TV".

I did see this WinTV-CI as a server for my card but can not find it to download.
    WinTV-CI is a hardware product (ie. therefore not downloadable) from Hauppauge for decrypting channels. It is not a "TV Server" and is completely irrelevant for your situation.

Is this the same as winTV7 software?
    WinTV-CI is completely different to the WinTV software.
    WinTV-CI is completely irrelevant for you; you wouldn't be able to use it.
    WinTV software is an alternative to MediaPortal.

I do not use that since I been using WMC7. Or is there another I can use for my TV card?
    As above: just download and install MediaPortal. It comes with TV Server software which is a suitable replacement for WinTV and/or WMC.

I have cable my company is a local service they do not force me have a cable box like Comcast does. I get more TV digital channels than analog currently.
    Okay.

This turner I think has two analog and two digital turners each can I use both digital turners like I can in WMC7?
    Yes, you can. :)

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom