HTPC - Will this config work? (1 Viewer)

onkelbonus

Portal Member
July 29, 2011
Hi,

I am planning to build a very cheap HTPC, which is going to be based on a E-350. This is the configuration I had in mind:

ASRock E350M1
Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3-1333
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1000GB
LC-1320mi
TechniSat SkyStar USB 2 HD CI

I have choosen this TV-Card, because there is no PCI Slot on the board, so I need USB, and I need a CI-Slot because I want to use a Conax Card. TV content will be mainly watched in SD, the HTPC should also be able to play 720p or maybe even 1080p. The signal will be send to and 37" full HD TV.

Will there be enough power, to watch encrypted TV channels, or is this card in combination with a CI card even supported by Media Portal?
Which remote can you recommend, if it has to be good, idiotproof, but not too expansive?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome onkelbonus

Will there be enough power, to watch encrypted TV channels, or is this card in combination with a CI card even supported by Media Portal?
    Yes the card should be supported. The potential problem will not be decrypting the channels - it will be the video decoding. You may need to set the video output resolution to something lower than full HD if you want to watch h.264 content.

Which remote can you recommend, if it has to be good, idiotproof, but not too expansive?
    Sorry, I'm not able to suggest remotes as I have little experience with them.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom