HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello @hurley,

I'm not completely sure, what do you mean exactly. Are you talking about the HTPCInfo plugin or the HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor tray app?
  • Configuration page with a mapping table to map tuners/cards to serial ports and pins (DTR, RTS, BreakState)
  • Option to have user selected port/pin used to indicate any cards recording. (Main rec indicator)
  • Maybe have an option to flash the LED's if drive space is low or system temps high etc.
  • Perhaps interface with Arduino
Sure, I can do that, but it must be coded in "blind mode", because I do not have any hardware to test the settings and/or resulting actions. Maybe it makes sense to write a "specification", what do you want and when a action should be triggered with which serial port parameters?
  • Timeshifting/Grabbing indicator
The current implementation of HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor supports an indicator for that TV card state. Also HTPCInfo can be used to display the current status by using the property #HTPCInfo.TVDevice<digit>... (see manual for more). Do you want to have a indicator image for the MediaPortal plugin?

Cheers, Micropolis

Weaslasf

Portal Member
April 22, 2010
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hello MediaPortal Community,

I installed the current version of HTPC Info after I reinstalled mediaportal, but if I open htpc info without further configuration no data will be loaded. I activated the local sensor and the graphic card sensor but the behaviour is the same.

fehlende daten.JPG

When I try to close mediaportal it crashes and I have to kill the process with the microsoft dialog for crashed programs. In EventViewer i get following error message.
Original Message:
"Fehler beim Herunterladen der Zeichenfolgen der Leistungsindikatoren für Dienst "WmiApRpl" (WmiApRpl). Der Fehlercode ist das erste DWORD im Datenbereich."
I tried to translate it:
"Error during downloading the string of the performance indicator service. "WmiApRpl". Errorcode is the first DWORD in the data area."

Hopefully someone of you could help me :)

best regards
weaslasf

ps: sorry for writing in german first ;)

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
this plugin has been updated to version 1.14.0 to support the newest plugin framework and the upcoming MediaPortal version 1.13.0. The installer and a file for manual installation can be downloaded from the well known places.
In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please update all plugins to the newest versions simultaneously.

A small donation would be welcome. Merry Christmas and cheers, Micropolis

osksa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2015
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi, new computer, windows 10. Same problem as before. Tried running it from elevated command prompt. Tried restarting computer. Checked htpc info plugin inside MediaPortal, looks good, identified the tv-server. Tried turning off windows firewall. Version 1.2.0.0. Any suggestions? I'm somewhat puzzled here, does this work well for anybody else?

The icon in the taskbar is always gray, and hovering gives message like "TvServer: Localhost: Searching...". However if I right-click and enter details, all my TV cards are there, with correct information. For example, if card X is recording, this is indicated in details. But the icon still says searching.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    to fulfill existing requests from some community members and the issue reported by @osksa I decided to re-develop the HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor completely.
    Enclosed you can find the first beta version including a lot of changes, improvements and (maybe) bug fixes.

HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor Details.jpg

Highlights:
    • support for hybrid TV cards added
    • disabled TV cards can be the excluded from the details dialog
    • disk space overview for local hard drives incl. option to warn when the available space is going low
    • more options to improve the user experience
    • performance improvements
    • shared memory support to allow 3rd party applications to use monitor data
    In case anyone wants to have a desktop gadget (in the same style like other tools included in my Monitoring Collection) please post your expectation and/or ideas here.

@osksa, @Brudertac: Please test the version and report bugs/issues here. Please be aware, that the new version must be configured again for your personal needs.

EDIT: Outdated attachments removed.

Regards, Micropolis

Last edited:

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks great @Micropolis !

I have made some short Tests right now. Don´t show deactivated Cards works fine. The Tool itself also.
    Can you explain how the Shutdown Prevention works? (Can not Test it right now :) )
    Also, what does "Send activity"?

Thanks!!!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Brudertac ,
    thank you for testing the first beta version.

Can you explain how the Shutdown Prevention works?
    This option can be used to block Microsoft Windows from shutting down when recordings are running.

what does "Send activity"?
    This option is helpful when using the PowerScheduler of MediaPortal. It allows you to inform PowerScheduler when TV Server related tasks are running.

Updated version attached to this post, this beta contains stability improvements and shared memory support. Additionally I have added a source code example to demonstrate how shared data can be used in a 3rd party application.

Regards, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the final "refresh" of HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor is available and can be downloaded from this post.
    Due to latest changes of command line and settings handling, please re-configure the options to your personal needs. For more information, please take a look into the attached manual.

@osksa: Please give your "Go" after testing for final rollout.
    @Stéphane Lenclud, @hurley: Unfortunately I've never heard anything about your future plans regarding "Sharp Display Manager" or "serial port pins to drive recording indicator LED's". Therefore I suggest to use the shared data support option of the TVServer Monitor application to integrate it into your product or for developing specific interfaces. A source code example how it can work is enclosed here.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    due to the fact that the HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor can be used also on MediaPortal TV clients or other remote machines, it doesn't make sense anymore to save the application configuration or the log files in a MediaPortal TV Server related folder. To avoid some trouble in the future, the attached version will use the application folder to save configuration and log files. In addition to this late change before my holidays I've added a menu option to wake up a MediaPortal TV Server remotely. Please take a look into the attached manual to understand, when and why menu options are visible or not. Feedback is welcome.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom