HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

nikos1671

Portal Pro
April 21, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Greece Greece
Re: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.7

I would like some help to setup the xap option.
i have my server runing mediaportal server and one client, on both machines i have install latest version of speedfan.
now my questions is ? on the client speedfan i have to enable xap?, if yes what host name and ip details i must put?also in server side should i also enable the xap option??and again if yes what details i must fill?

Thanks Nikos

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

I would like some help to setup the xap option.
i have my server runing mediaportal server and one client, on both machines i have install latest version of speedfan.
now my questions is ? on the client speedfan i have to enable xap?, if yes what host name and ip details i must put?also in server side should i also enable the xap option??and again if yes what details i must fill?

Thanks Nikos

Only the server needs XAP enabled in speedfan, the client does not need speedfan to have this to work so config is also not required (however some other properties of htpcinfo require speedfan).
You will need to set the host IP adress of XAP to the local IP (do not ask why this is not resolved automagically, do not know) of the server. The broadcast needs to be a broadcast address of your local subnet for 192.168.1.x this is 192.168.1.255.
Finally config HTPCInfo in the same manner as is required for local sensors. Here order of the names will reflect the order in speedfan. Also disabled items in speedfan will still take up a row for htpcinfo, you can leave those blank if other more non-disabled items follow just enter their names.

Hope that helps, if not feel free to ask, got my setup working quite nicely here since ages. Only little issue that I still have from time to time (and clueless of the cause, it's a speedfan bug) is that speedfan install on my server/nas sometimes forgets it has the XAP setting enabled. Reenabling makes it work again...
This is a known bug which should've been solved in 4.33 I think already but I'm on 4.34 (latest) and still experience the issue.

nikos1671

Portal Pro
April 21, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Greece Greece

thanks for your reply when i am home i will give a try.
latest version of speedfan is 4.42 and not tis that you mention.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

nikos1671:

yeah, I meant 4.42 and 4.41. Mixed it up a bit but the issue still stands

WhyTea

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.7

Hi!
    I'm using the X-Factor skin R684 and trying to use HTPCInfo.
    My problem is that HTPCInfo doesn't display some infos.
    I don't get any error or message so please look at the screenshots and you will see my problem.
    I have read a lot but wasn't able to fix it so please help.

Thanks a lot!

Daniel / WhyTea

Attachments

• screen.JPG
      screen.JPG
      185.5 KB
    • diag.JPG
      diag.JPG
      120.7 KB

WhyTea

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.7

Hi!
    I'm using the X-Factor skin R684 and trying to use HTPCInfo.
    My problem is that HTPCInfo doesn't display some infos.
    I don't get any error or message so please look at the screenshots and you will see my problem.
    I have read a lot but wasn't able to fix it so please help.

Thanks a lot!

Daniel / WhyTea

Is there really noone out there who can help me?
    Please help me!

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

WhyTea:
    The reason nobody has answered you yet is because;
    a) There can be a meriet of reasons for this
    b) there's not enough info to suggest anything.

Here are some things to check out;
    1) Is the order of HTPCInfo Config when it comes to the sensors the same as in speedfan? If not you can have either empty or mixed up values appearing
    2) Did you edit the skin file you use so that it uses the right #htpcinfo.sensor<put your HTPCInfoConfig sensor name here>?
    3) Might be OS dependend? Which version of win do you run (I do not know of such problems but might help MicroPolis)
    4) Logs are always welcome eventhough you think they do not provide any relevant info, a developer might think otherwise. Just use MPlogcollector, or zip all the logs yourself (they do not need to be errors in order to be valuable, sometimes something happens just before the error that can be seen as a landmark/noticable thing that could cause the eventual error)
    4) And finally did you RTFM?

WhyTea

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi and thx for the answer!
    I understand what you mean but my problem is that can't find the mistake. Of course I've read the manual and copied all files to their destination. I also tried the .mpei file put the result is the same. I'm using WinXP SP3.

I think I misunderstood something in the xml-files so please help me with one point maybe I understand the others.

For example I would take the "memory usage". As you can see in the screenshot I have no value in this field.

Could you explain me why? Please take a look at my used "HTPCInfo_overview.xml"

Thanks
    Daniel / WhyTea

Attachments

• HTPCInfo_overview.xml
      32.2 KB

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England

I had this error too for some time - try updating to the latest version of SpeedFan.
    I had all sorts of data missing, sometimes they are there, sometimes not. It doesn't seem consistent to anything!

The documentation for this is woefully inadequate IMHO but that has been mentioned elsewhere - you'll just have to 'play' with it for a while.

I removed it for these reasons - it's great when it works - annoying when it doesn't...
    (not worried 'bout a fix BTW - just a disappointed ex user)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom