HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v1.0.7

Hi Micropolis.

HTPC Info plugin maybe have some problems in Mepo:

Look at this htread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/repeated-crash-91472/

I fixed the crashing by disabling your plugin.

I do not know if this is caused by a Windows 7 Update or a StreamedMP skin update! Have not touched my setup except Windows updates and StreamedMP update.

UPDATE! The crash is not caused by HTPCinfo, but seems to be the Infoservice plugin!

But can anyone tell me, why I get these other errors in my logs?

The logs gives the following errors:

2010-12-28 21:20:01.364625 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: HTPC Info: Frequency Performance Counter Initialization Error. (Error Code: System.InvalidOperationException: Category does not exist.
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.Initialize()
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
    at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.InitPerformanceCounters(), Category does not exist.)
    2010-12-28 21:20:01.786500 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: HTPC Info: Speedfan Shared Memory Initialization Error. (Error Code: HTPCInfo.Core.SharedMemoryException: Error accessing shared memory area. (2)
    at HTPCInfo.Core.SpeedfanSharedMemory..ctor()
    at HTPCInfo.Core.SpeedfanConnector..ctor(Boolean filterZeroValues)
    at HTPCInfo.Core.SpeedfanConnector..ctor()
    at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.InitConnectors(), Error accessing shared memory area. (2))
    2010-12-28 21:20:12.020875 [ERROR][(29)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2010-12-28 21:20:12.036500 [ERROR][(29)]: Exception :confused:ystem.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
    at InfoService.Utils.WeatherUtils.wWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
    2010-12-28 21:20:12.036500 [ERROR][(29)]: Exception :Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    2010-12-28 21:20:12.036500 [ERROR][(29)]: site :Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(System.ExceptionArgument, System.ExceptionResource)
    2010-12-28 21:20:12.036500 [ERROR][(29)]: source :mscorlib
    2010-12-28 21:20:12.052125 [ERROR][(29)]: stacktrace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
    at InfoService.Utils.WeatherUtils.wWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

a follow up of msj33's post;
    MP was crashing constantly since tuesday. After disabeling the infoservive plugin the crashes stopped.

here are the log files
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ted-crash-mediaportallogs_29_12_10__21_34.zip

I noticed that infoservice can choke really easily on wrong encoded feeds (actually dotnet chokes and infoservice doesn't handle it).
    So the feed states it's UTF-8 in the feedsource itself but it's actually latin-1 encoded for example... It usually does not cause crashes for me but will make MP flip out a bit while rendering text. Might be the source of the issue

Vendrom

Portal Member
    July 24, 2007
    Alkmaar
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi All,

i cant figure out the problem with my HTPCinfo plugin.
    i hope you have the solution for me.

here is the part of the log where HTPCinfo Fails from error.log

2011-02-18 15:40:24.837858 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception: System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld. (the objects reference is not set to a instance of an object.)
    bij HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.UpdateScreen(Int32 screen)
    bij HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.SetButtonLabels()
    bij HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.InitPluginPage()
    bij HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo_OnPageLoad()
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

system:

Win7 X64
    Mediaportal 1.1.2 with StreamedMP
    Core 2 Duo E4800
    Nvidia 210 passive
    2GB mem

thanks in advance

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Vendrom,
    please upload your current skin files or compare it with the example skin file from the installer, in my opinion a required button control is missing.

Cheers, Micropolis

Vendrom

Portal Member
    July 24, 2007
    Alkmaar
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi Vendrom,
    please upload your current skin files or compare it with the example skin file from the installer, in my opinion a required button control is missing.

Cheers, Micropolis

hi micropolis,

thank you for you reaction, i've compressed the XML files from the skin to:

htpcinfo.zip

i've also used: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/667683-post390.html
    but i got the same error.

thanks in advance.
    Regards, Vendrom

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Vendrom,
    your provided xml files seems ok.
    Do you have tried the original skin files from the installer package? Are your language files correct? Which version of HTPCInfo do you have installed?

Cheers, Micropolis

Vendrom

Portal Member
    July 24, 2007
    Alkmaar
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

hi micropolis,

i've installed the v1.07 with the MPE1 installer file.
    also tryed to copy the files from the ZIP archive.
    im from holland, and there is an string_nl.xml file.
    do i need to do something to make that default or something?

Regards,
    Ferry

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Vendrom,
    I've downgraded my development environment and tried your provided skin files. All is working perfect, I cannot identify any problems.
    Because of this, please try it again with a clean plugin installation, test it with official blue3 skin files and different language settings. Maybe this helps to find out more about your installation.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom