hunting for ideas.. your configs pls (1 Viewer)

cheffe97

Portal Pro
August 10, 2004
Berlin, Germany
Hi,
I'm interested to see how people get up their systems. This is b/c I wanna get new ideas or see if mine is in somebody elses mind.
So I start:
My (partly future) system:
1 computer, where I can do both.. working and multimedia
1 (primary) 19'' display for working stuff
2 other displays (10'' touchscreen and beamer - Hitachi TX100?) connected via VGA with video splitter to run MP
1 AV Receiver 5.1 connected via SPDIF (Denon AVR 1802)
1 5.1 speaker system (Teufel)
Dont wanna use a remote but have a Pronto.
So what r your configs?
cheffe

usbrit

Portal Member
April 22, 2004
OK, here's what I have:

Shuttle SN41G2 with DVI AGP Card and Hauppage WINTV PCI (athlon 2600+ with 512mb RAM and 200 Gig HD, DVD Writer)
17" LCD as Primary Monitor
42" Sony Vega LCD connected via DVI Running 720P res (I think)
Airboard wireless keyboard with joystick (thumb) mouse
Yamaha Receiver (can't remember the model, not at home now)
Bose, Infinity, Polk surround sound
DishNetwork DVR501 PVR connected to TV and WinTV Card
Sony 5 disk DVD changer
Sony MiniDV Camcorder
Packard Bell remote IR Receiver
Harmony H659 remote (just got it......cool!)HERE

Wish List for MP:

1) Dual Monitor support-right now I use the LCD to control the GUI and when I play a movie it appears on both monitors. However, OSD only appears on the primary, so isn't much good. I would like the primary to always display the GUI and the secondary to display movies and OSD.

2) Preset recording times 30mins-60mins etc. so I can record stuff from the PVR to hardisk without having the be there to "stop recording"

3) (My Problem) SPIDF sound connection from the Shuttle to the receiver-haven't spent any time on it yet.

4) IR transmitter output from MP to the PVR so I can control the SAT box channel changing and record directly to the hardrive.

5) Make the Harmany remote work with the Shuttle.....need to figure this out yet. Works great with everything else...configure it via the web and upload config and, get this, TV guide:)-0), by USB.

usbrit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom