HVR 1300 S-Video (1 Viewer)

Program.X

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Ramsey, Isle of Man
Hi,

I am not at home so can't create a template, but I will do if it helps. I can't see it doing as I think it is just my ignorance.

RUnning an S-Video feed from my AV source results in a grainy, monochrome picture. No colour information is sent. Disconnecing the Composite connection (which I understood to hold the colour information when in S-Video config?) has no difference.

Running in Composite works fine.

Interestingly, using the feed from my Panasonic DMR-E050 DVD Recorder unit produces a bizarre picture that is violentyl ripped apart. Using the devices OSD controls, however, presents a perfect image over the top of the corrupted image.

I might assume the DVD Recorder is just sending out a crap signal, but I find it difficult to understand how the TV Card simply cannot understand an S-Video signal.

For the record, I find Hauppauge documentation and support to be useless.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Edit the SVHS channel anf set the standard to PAL_I.
    See if that helps.

DMAN

Program.X

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2005
    Ramsey, Isle of Man
    Sorry, this was solved a while back.

Turned out it was a combination of my TiVo outputting a weird signal so my DVD Recorder couldn't output it correctly through its SVideo output and the alternative being a converter connection being crap.

Removed TiVo, now using my DVD Recorder - works fine. Except I can't turn the DVD Recorder off, but I'm working ont hat too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom