[confirm] Hybrid tv card can't find channels (1 Viewer)

charlidis

May 5, 2010
Home Country
Greece Greece
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Windows Version: XP PRO SP3
CPU Type: Intel core duo 2.2GHz
HDD: WD 160 GB
Memory: 1 GB DDR
Motherboard: INTEL WOLFDALE1333-GLAN/M
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: REALTEK HD AUDIO MANAGER
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: GIGABYTE U8000 USB 2.0 HYBRID
1. TV Card Type: ANALOG-DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: LATEST
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDSHOW
h.264 Video Codec: FFDSHOW
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply: THERMALTAKE 550W W0101 TR2
Remote: GIGABYTE
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hello,

i am new to the forum and i would like some help about a problem i have. I use windows xp pro sp3 and i have checked all the requirements before installing the mediaportal 1.1.0 RC2. The tv card i use is the gigabyte u8000 usb hybrid BDA which supports analog and dvb-t and comes with the software of the cyberlink powercinema 5. Until now i had no problem with the powercinema but i think mediaportal is much better so i am trying 3 days now to make it work with no luck. (I had also installed the 1.1.0 RC1 and 1.0.2 before 1.1.0 RC2). The mediaportal detects the card but when i scan for channels can't find any and shows empty of signal level and quality. I want to use the analog channels because in Greece there are very few ditital until now(At DVB-T scanning detects 2 channels s-video 1 on 3 and CVBS 1 on 3 but i don't know if these are channels and sure they don't work). In scanning shows with red color no signal at the channels it searches both an analog and DVB-T. I have also made the group of analog and DVB-T as shown in the wiki for hybrid cards. I have attached a debug zip file in case it helps. Is there any ideas?

Thank you

Dimitris

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Could you please explain how you scanned for channels? Perhaps it was done the wrong way, scanning the wrong frequencies.

charlidis

May 5, 2010
Home Country
Greece Greece
Thanks for your reply riksmith. Well, i go to tv-server configuration - tv servers - jim(the name i have give) and shows 4 choices, 1:dvb-ip 2:dvb-t gigabyte bda tuner 3:analog gigabyte bda tuner 4:radiowebstream. I choose the analog and at scanning i choose my country Greece and source which is antenna and press the ''scan for tv channels'' button.I have also tried some other video standard at the video decoder of settings but nothing changed. I haven't tried to adjust any frequencies at all.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
It could be that the wrong frequencies are scanned because every frequency gives not signal.
You could try to find what frequencies the working program is using, and try to enter that manually to see if that works.

There is not much more i can do for you, so hopefully someone else can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom