Hyperion image processing not working reliably (1 Viewer)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey guys,

I currently wonder if anyone else is seeing this: with my setup I have pretty often after a longer running video/TV-session a moving image processing zone. Meaning the following for e.g. horizontal depth I have configured only 3% as I like it this way. After a while the ambilight shows the colours from way down of the screen. It is as if I would have configured a horizontal gap. When I stop and restart the video it works again as expected. I somehow think that blackborder detection jumps in (e.g. in commercial breaks) and still thinks there is a blackborder. But I have disabled blackborder detection, so this "should" not be the problem...

Anyone ever had this too? Or an idea how to solve this?

Regards, Stig

EDIT: Just realized that there is a blackborder detection in Atmolight too. Disabled this and will see how it works now.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Stig,

Would test the following and see if it helps:

- Disable blackborder detection in AtmoLight if used as using that and the one from Hyperion at the same time can give issues.
    - Which horizontal / vertical depths (%) did you setup (HyperCon screenshot would be perfect)?
    - In Hyperion configuration switch between black border mode Classic and Default.

This also sounds like an old bug in Hyperion, could you run this command in a raspberry ssh session and post the output.

Code:
    hyperiond -v

The new Hyperion wiki covers these topics a lot better as well and will be online in 2 weeks or so, also includes a proper forum :)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hi Rick164,

thanks for your input.

- Disable blackborder detection in AtmoLight if used as using that and the one from Hyperion at the same time can give issues.
    As written in my edit above, already disabled blackborder in Atmolight too. Havent realized this setting before. Will test this weekend.
    - Which horizontal / vertical depths (%) did you setup (HyperCon screenshot would be perfect)?
    upload_2016-4-8_11-32-14.png

- In Hyperion configuration switch between black border mode Classic and Default.
    Blackborder is disabled.
    hyperiond -v
    Application build time: Feb 23 2016 21:14:12
    QCoreApplication initialised
    Selected configuration file: -v
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
    what(): Failed to parse configuration: * Line 1, Column 1
    Syntax error: value, object or array expected.

The new Hyperion wiki covers these topics a lot better as well and will be online in 2 weeks or so, also includes a proper forum :)
    Nice!

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As written in my edit above, already disabled blackborder in Atmolight too. Havent realized this setting before. Will test this weekend.

Great, it must be bug in either AtmoLight or Hyperion but think its the latter.

HyperCon settings and Hyperion version looks fine as well, with Hyperion the safest black border detection would be Classic for now but using Default without problems here so far with The Larry Sanders show which has left / right borders.

Still weird that you can correct it with an video stop / start as on the Hyperion side that shouldn't matter as we only send it an image, it's almost like AtmoLights black border detection stops working.
    Any errors in mediaportal-error.log?

Last edited:

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Still weird that you can correct it with an video stop / start as on the Hyperion side that shouldn't matter as we only send it an image, it's almost like AtmoLights black border detection stops working.
    Any errors in mediaportal-error.log?
    Will check when at home. Thanks for your hints. Lets see if disabling in AtmoLight is helping...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Reporting back after the weekend: disabling black bar detection seems to have worked. No problems so far - although I didn't watch that much TV over the weekend. So maybe AtmoLight-bug (as blackbar-detection on hyperion was already disabled before)?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for reporting back and good to hear its working :) , were there any errors in mediaportal-error.log when blackborder detection in AtmoLight was enabled?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Thanks for reporting back and good to hear its working :) , were there any errors in mediaportal-error.log when blackborder detection in AtmoLight was enabled?
    Damnit. Forgot to check. Was quite busy this weekend. Will try to see again! Gimme a bit time please...

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No rush :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom