I am no longer prompted for which external player I want to use. How to fix? (1 Viewer)

mrceolla

Portal Pro
December 11, 2010
Hello,

At one point in time I was prompted to select an external player when I had that option checked in aMPdroid. I am no longer prompted. It just opens an app. If I uninstall that app, it opens a different media app.

How can I regain the ability to choose which app I want to use each time I launch a video from aMPdroid?

Thanks!

P.S. The 'Clear defaults' button doesn't do the trick. And, I'm using an EVO 3D.

Last edited:

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Did you install some custom rom? This is a system functionality of android itself, so I would say probably something is broken there... Do you get the app selector in other apps?

mrceolla

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2010
    Hi DieBagger,

No custom ROMs here. Stock EVO 3D, later upgraded to ICS via OTA update.

I get the selector for other actions which display different apps, but no selector for when I stream media from aMPdroid.

I just discovered what I believe to be controlling this. Under Settings -> App Associations, I have a number of entries but at the bottom I have two that read:

Online audio download by webview
    Online video download by webview

I've only played with the 'video' setting but this controls the external player that aMPdroid uses. Is 'webview' an aMPdroid thing only? Is there any way to regain the ability to select which streaming media app I want to use each time I initiate a stream?

Thanks,
    Mike

mrceolla

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2010
    Good find. That likely explains it. It must have been pre-ICS that I last saw that selector.

Yet another reason for me to hate Apple. :mad:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All Apps -> [The App that is opening video without asking] -> Clear defaults

Last edited:

mrceolla

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2010
    Thanks kiwijunglist, but as stated in my first post and DieBagger's link, that 'Clear defaults' button has no affect on my phone w/ ICS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom