I Can`t See Video Cover Pictures (1 Viewer)

Eyalli

Portal Member
April 18, 2013
Home Country
Israel Israel
Dear Community,

I am with MP 1.4 PR,i can`t see the cover of the Video,ONLY when i open the folder and i point to the File,it let me see the Cover,Please See Attach File.
I am Sorry,i am new with Media Portal,I would appreciate any help,Thank you :)

Attachments

• MP.jpg
    MP.jpg
    157 KB
Last edited:

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi @Eyallihttps://forum.team-mediaportal.com/members/eyalli.139681/

Welcome to our community:).

1) You're using a pre release version. You should probably wait for the final release which is very soon. You can also install 1.3 instead until 1.4 is official. You will be able to upgrade once this happens.

2) If you're trying to watch a movie you should probably use a dedicated extension, such as MovingPictures which will handle all you're cover art, fan art, etc.. Inside the MovingPictures configuration you can set your movies folder(s) and as long as the file names or folder names are identified, you're should have no problems. Same goes to TV episodes. You should use an extension for them, such as MP TV-Series which handles all the cover art, etc. All you need to configure is the root folder of your TV episode collection. It's best to keep episodes files in folders by <Series name>\<Season #>\ (but it's not mandatory). File name however should probably be kept in a way that would be easy for identifying, i.e. <Series.Name>.S##E##.... or <Series.Name>.##x##....

If you need more specific help on the problem you're having, you should probably attach some logs. You can run MediaPortal in debug mode, which creates logs you can post in this forum. (Just follow the instructions there.)

Regards,
    Yoav

Eyalli

Portal Member
    April 18, 2013
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi @Eyalli

1) You're using a pre release version. You should probably wait for the final release which is very soon. You can also install 1.3 instead until 1.4 is official. You will be able to upgrade once this happens.

2) If you're trying to watch a movie you should probably use a dedicated extension, such as MovingPictures which will handle all you're cover art, fan art, etc.. Inside the MovingPictures configuration you can set your movies folder(s) and as long as the file names or folder names are identified, you're should have no problems. Same goes to TV episodes. You should use an extension for them, such as MP TV-Series which handles all the cover art, etc. All you need to configure is the root folder of your TV episode collection. It's best to keep episodes files in folders by <Series name>\<Season #>\ (but it's not mandatory). File name however should probably be kept in a way that would be easy for identifying, i.e. <Series.Name>.S##E##.... or <Series.Name>.##x##....

If you need more specific help on the problem you're having, you should probably attach some logs. You can run MediaPortal in debug mode, which creates logs you can post in this forum. (Just follow the instructions there.)

Regards,
    Yoav
    Thank you very much Yoav for your Help & Explanation,because of you,i can say that the Support is Excellent :) I am Also from IL

Eyalli

Portal Member
    April 18, 2013
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi @Eyalli

Regards,
    Yoav
    Thank you very much Yoav for your Help & Explanation,because of you,i can say that the Support is Excellent :) I am Also from IL

Hi Yoav,
    Like you say,i am with MP1.4 PR,I download & Install the Final version 1.4 Final,now i can see the Cover :)
    Thank you very much for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom