I cannot get a basic media import-what is the best configuration? (2 Viewers)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi Lehmden
    Please forgive me for not making things clear, and ny the way, it's not you, your English is absolutely perfect. Europe ALWAYS puts us to shame when it comes to language because in UK "Education" we spend so long learning how wonderful the UK and its monarchy is we don't have time to learn the more important and useful things like the languages of Europe. But don't let me get me started on about this awful country...!

What I am trying to explain is that a majority of my media has had the metadata edited by the guys who "acquire" it and strip out stuff like DRM and adverts etc. and then edit the title with their own styled signatures
    MP1 simply shows the files and folders as I have re-named them when I store them to my HDD archive. I guess when MP2 sees my archive has no idea what it is seeing, and cannot find any matching metadata on-line even if I configure it. This results in my folders all awry, orphaned files floating around, (much of them all the same name), so even I cannot work out what is going on
    I do not know what MP1 is doing but under "Video" I get "Movies" and "Series" straight from my HDD folders and all the sub-folders and files are in there. I do totally get the whole aspect of grabbing the on-line data and how it makes a better experience but I dont think MP2 can do much with the new Terminator movie when it's titled something rediculous like "PirateBlokesLatestRip"!!
    It probably makes a difference also that I am using the extended Titan skin on MP1? Am I correct in thinking MP2 does not have options for skins?
    Hope this makes it more clear to you what is happening, and I hope you do not feel that you are banging your head against a brick wall, I really do appreciate your help
    Sorry to be such a pain
    Thanks again
    Regards
    TW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom