I cant get xmlTV to update without do it manually ? (1 Viewer)

JGT

Portal Pro
February 2, 2010
Maybe I am wrong...

A closer look at the log file shows that message may have been generated while the file was being updated. After that the data seems to have been imported successfully:

Did you run that update manually?

I assume that you have somehow scheduled this "update.bat" to run daily or weekly or something? The XMLTV plugin will only import the tvguide.xml file if/when the tvguide.xml file changes. The file won't change unless "update.bat" runs. So something must cause "update.bat" to run, otherwise the EPG will never be updated...

Yes as I wrote before my problem is that I have to update it manually, but it worked fine with an older tvserver version (auto update). Maybe someone with little more knowledge about how to make update.bat run with a schedlule can help ( i may have forgotten how I made it work before)?
Anyway thanks for youre time.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Maybe I am wrong...

A closer look at the log file shows that message may have been generated while the file was being updated. After that the data seems to have been imported successfully:

Did you run that update manually?

I assume that you have somehow scheduled this "update.bat" to run daily or weekly or something? The XMLTV plugin will only import the tvguide.xml file if/when the tvguide.xml file changes. The file won't change unless "update.bat" runs. So something must cause "update.bat" to run, otherwise the EPG will never be updated...
    Ok so there is something wrong with the (bat.) files which one do you think, configure.bat or update.bat ?[DOUBLEPOST=1417637538][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Maybe someone with little more knowledge about how to make update.bat run with a schedlule can help ( i may have forgotten how I made it work before)?
    I would create a Windows scheduled task that runs update.bat as required.

Here are instructions for XP (I guess probably similar for Server 2003):
    http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/308569

Here are instructions for W7 (in case it helps):
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-nz/windows/schedule-task#1TC=windows-7

Thanks i did not see youre post, I will try that instruction for xp..

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Post the contents of your update.bat.

There is another way to have the update.bat run automatically. You should install or enable Powerscheduler++ (if it isn't installed. in the latest version it's just named Powerscheduler).

Open TV-Server Configuration> Plugins> and put a check mark on Powerscheduler if there isn't one.
    mt11fc.jpg

Once enabled select it from the Plugins section> EPG
    You can set the time you want the EPG grabbing to start. Just remember that it only understands military time. So 2pm = 14:00
    You can also choose which days of the week you want the EPG grabbing to take place.

Lastly under "Run command before internal handlers are triggered" browse to the location of Update.bat.
    Once finished click Apply.
    2hmf2ns.jpg

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Shit shit. Now for some reason the tvguide.xml is empty? It runs update.bat as normal but no tv channels or programs are in tha tvguide.xml ?
    I tried to run "tv_grab_se_swedb" --configure but I got a error. It worked ok for a week ago????

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    have you done the etc/hosts updates shown in the SD-forums? see http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2652

info from that message
    On Unix/Linux/Mac edit /etc/hosts (superuser required).
    On Windows, edit %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\drivers\etc (normally c:\windows\..., (admin rights required, make sure your editor doesn't add ".TXT)
    Add this line:

54.85.117.227 docs.tms.tribune.com webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    have you done the etc/hosts updates shown in the SD-forums? see http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2652

info from that message
    On Unix/Linux/Mac edit /etc/hosts (superuser required).
    On Windows, edit %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\drivers\etc (normally c:\windows\..., (admin rights required, make sure your editor doesn't add ".TXT)
    Add this line:

54.85.117.227 docs.tms.tribune.com webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com

Ok thanks , but i do not fully understand how this will work. I am not running powerscheduler or something now. Only XmlTV and windows scheduler. What do i need to install, or how do i configure MP tv server to make this work ?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    I tried to run "tv_grab_se_swedb" --configure but I got a error. It worked ok for a week ago

this is probably my confusion, googled "tv_grab_se_swedb" and it is not what I thought you were using to download EPG data. Not sure what to suggest, maybe look into other forums/users that use that software for EPG download.

JGT

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2010
    Ok maybe i need to get somthing else to work with MP so i can have a tv guide for swedish channels. Any suggestions ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom