i got some problem with myfilms with avalons skin. (1 Viewer)

rickyman

Portal Pro
February 5, 2008
1. i dont know why when i use sort: films. it doesnot sort by alphabetized.

2. i use the first step to do boxset: Using Folder Structure ( step 1 ) and not step 2:

Organize your films in group folders, either:
  1. Add all files to a group folder, such as add all Harry Potter films to a Harry Potter subfolder.. Then in AMC Updater settings:
    1. on the Database Fields tab, select the 'Title Handling' option "Folder name as group identifier'
    2. on the Import Movies tab set 'Title and Search Handling' to File or File + Internet Lookup - the folder name containing the movies files will be used as the Group name
i follow ur instrution. i check " folder name as group identifer" and choose either one of it.

i also move some file into the main folder like this:

c:\alvin\alvin1.mkv
c:\alvin\alvin.2mkv
( main folder has 2 files)
or this way:

c:\alvin\alvin1\alvin1.mkv
c:\alvin\alvin2\alvin2.mkv
(main folder got 2 different folder )
both way it is not working. :(

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Rickyman,
    can you please try to keep your postings somehow focused?
    This one has headline "problem myfilms with avalon skin" - but you're asking about hierarchy stuff - that you've posted somewhere else already.
    Sometimes you mention using MyMovies - sometimes talking about AMC4.x - sometimes about using AMCupdater.
    I know, there are many different use cases and possibilities with myfilms - but it is impossible to help, if you're jumping between use cases, only mentioning parts of what you do, not supplying config and/or logs.
    Maybe you should start thinking about what you have and what you'd like to do - maybe some other users can give some recommendations what use cases matches your requirements best - and then finally we can try to solve remaining issues, if there are any left.
    Sorry, but I have difficulties understanding where we are ...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi rickyman - Just to elaborate on what Guzzi said:
    1. i dont know why when i use sort: films. it does not sort by alphabetized.
    - Are you trying to sort ae list of movies or the Views Menu? or a view? Maybe the easiest is to post a screenshot of where you are and what you clicked?

Organize your films in group folders... Then in AMC Updater settings:
    Well if you are using MyMovies/Title.xml you cannot use AMC Updater, It can only be used with AMC (Ant Movie Catalog) databases.
    The wiki clearly states in many places that MyFilms can only UPDATE AMC catalogs. If you use another catalog type, then you must make your updates in that application and re-export it (in the case of MyMovies to Titles.xml)

So if you are in fact using MyMovies then I think the only option for you is to use the hierarchy separator to create groups/box sets - manually renaming the movie titles in the Title field in MyMovies database (not the actual movie files). Maybe Guzzi can confirm if that works with other catalog types, but IIRC it does

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom