I have been working on an iOS and Android application - feedback requested (1 Viewer)

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    Greetings fellow movie / tvseries watchers. I have been secretly developing and using a mobile application that syncs with the www.follw.it website and service for a few months now. It is at the point where I think it is stable enough to put on the app store but wanted to get some quick feedback from you folks first.

I kept thinking that I wouldn't release the app until I added all of the features I wanted (lists, tvseries, coverflow, trailerflow, etc). But today I thought that a few of you might want to go ahead and start using it with the limited feature set I have now.

What am I asking: Should I go ahead and release this or would you folks rather see a few more features first?

Android note: I just started the android version and I have it 90% working to what the iOS version is. I should be able to have it done in a few weeks time if people are interested in that platform.

Features:
    Allow you to view your movie collection on your device. All images and movie data are cached on your local device so the first load takes a few minutes for large collections. You can refresh the cache by pressing a refresh button in the top right corner.

collection.png

Ability to view details about a movie:

details.png

If a movie has a trailer associated with it, you can watch the trailer with the native player instead of just popping up a youtube webview.

trailer.png

View large images of your movie art from the details screen:

largeart.png

View your personal stream that shows what movies / shows you have been watching.

stream.png

View trends for either movies or tvseries.

trends1.png

trends2.png

Last edited:

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    Yikes. sorry for the super large images. I should have resized them. Apologies to the slow bandwidthers out there.

** EDIT: Image sizes changed. **

Last edited:

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    I hate applications that have ads in them so this is ad free. I was also planning on giving it away for free.

I would consider having a paid version as well that would allow users to donate money to help fforde pay for the www.follw.it site buy my intention is not to have this be a money making app to line my pockets.

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    Hey folks:

I spent the holiday getting this mostly working on Android. I still have to clean up a few memory issues but if you would like to beta test it, send me a PM with your email and I will send you the apk file to install.

Features are the same as the iOS app. Below are some screenshots running on Android.

Collection Screen:

collection.png

Details for a movie:

details.png

Viewing a trailer for a movie in your collection:

trailer.png

Viewing your personal stream:

stream.png

Viewing Movie trends:

movieTrends.png

Viewing TV Trends:
    TVTrends.png

The settings screen where you can specify number of results and time period for trends:

settings.png

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Downloaded the app. My only request just looking at it so far is that ya add the tv series part as well, if possible for iProducts.

psiebe

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Installed the app on my iphone, seems to be working fine with trends, the stream correctly shows my updates (added, watched etc.) but the collection seems stuck at the loading screen (I have about 300 movies) anything I can do or help to troubleshoot?
    Patrick

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    psiebe:

That is troubling. :( I would delete the app and reinstall it if clicking the refresh button doesn't work. If it happens a second time, let me know so I can figure out what happened.

mediacowboy:

TVSeries is planned but I just didn't have time to add it yet. I wanted to go ahead and release it as is so people could start using it and finding bugs. I will hopefully have series done in a few weeks.

I am also thinking about adding a coverflow sections just for movies with traliers so you can quickly view trailers for your movies.

Do you guys use lists? Do you think it would be cool to implement lists so that when viewing a movie you could add it to one of your lists such as ToWatch or something?

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I use the list option. And I am noticing the same problem on both iPhone and iPad with 500 movie collection. Where it never loads my movie collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom