I need help to get MediaPortal to start up? (1 Viewer)

curt2012

November 16, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello I'm new to this TV media portal and I live in orlando,fl. 32801 USA. I read where I'm supposed open up Team media portal from start>programs>
team media portal>media portal = then find and open up the start up window that I can then select the country and
select Digital TV antenna signal, then select find TV channels. But I can't get this window to open so I can program the Team-Media Portal?? So then when I open up the Icon it will have the TV stations already programmed into the software. So I need help to find a way to do the 1st thing so the TV stations will be programmed into the media portal program??
And since I could not do that way, I found a way to set up the program by opening up the Icon on my taskbar tray then select TV, then select settings and then I click on each tab and set up the selections that way. But when I click on TV and then click turn TV on, and it stays blue, but then when I click on channels or TV guide or search, then a window opens and ask's for the IP address or the Master TV station in my area?? I don't know what IP address I need in the Orlando, florida area, so then when I click on channels or whatever the TV media portal will start working so I can watch a TV show. I need help on what the IP address is I need to put in the media portal program so when i select TV it will start showing a TV station?? I hope some ppl can help me out so i can start to use this team media portal to watch TV shows?? Thanks for all the help!!??

curt2012

November 16, 2012
Home Country
Please help me so i can use this?? Come guy's I could use some good help?? Thanks

curt2012

November 16, 2012
Home Country
I have a Vista home premium 32 bit computer. 2 Gb ram, 2 CPU's at 2.0 Ghz (or 2 Mhz) I have plenty of free space, and G965 video chipset, and I don't know what you mean by logs. I just started with this so I just need to know step by step to set up the TV channels for my area?? Or when Media portal starts up from clicking on Icon on taskbar tray the big blue window opens and i can either choose set up, then I can set up all the things there, but when i select to watch TV when I'm in the blue screen area then it goes to a set up page there to put in a IP address or master TV channel station?? I need a IP address so when I click on TV it will beable to start watching a tv show Automatic?? I hope you can see both areas I need help to set up the MP to play TV shows?? Thanks for the help!!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    1. What TV card are you using?
    2. Who is your provider?
    3. Where are you located (country)

If you give this, I might be able to guide you further... I also need to know if you are planning on using "singleseat" (only one PC) or client/server configuration.

curt2012

November 16, 2012
    Home Country
    I have Digital TV tuner inside my computer and I am using Digital antenna ( and there's about 44 free digital TV stations in my area) I live in orlando, florida, USA and zip code is 32801. I read about to look for the TV card when I was on quick set up but it did not say what i have after installing MP, so you think it would let me know when i was at the quick set up what TV card i am using?? If you need a name, let me know how to get there and i will tell you then what TV card I have?? Thanks for helping me??!!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    To know if you're cord is supported, I do need to know what it is :)

You should be able to see the name in device manager

curt2012

November 16, 2012
    Home Country
    For some reason I can not get device manager to come up. I used it befor so i know how to get there, but it wont open up so i can find anything to with TV codec or TV card device. But Like I said I can get the MP to start up( But it takes the program 5 minutes to finally get the blue screen to open up??) but when I select TV and click TV on tab ( the blue lite comes on) and then click on any of the other tabs in a minute a window opens up and ask's for the IP address or to put in the Master TV station in my area. Well I have never heard of a master TV station for over the digital air waves to my antenna. So how can you help me to ck for a IP address in the orlando, florida, USA, Zip code 32801 i then can put into the TV settings and then i know the TV stations will work?? Help me to figure this out?? Thanks for all your help!![DOUBLEPOST=1353190170][/DOUBLEPOST]I DID GET DEVICE MANAGER to open up. Then I looked all over and i found this: Multimedia Card reader, :Device type: Universal serial bus controllers.,
    MFG by: AlcorMicro, Location: Port_#0002.hub_#0003., Version: 1.0.0.1., Device is working property., Multimedia card reader.
    I hope this is what you were looking for on my Vista home premium 32 bit computer. Let me know what to do next? Thank you for all your help??

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Curt,

I think the info you posted relates to the SD / MMC card reader and not the TV tuner card. My cards are listed under:-

Device Manager > (computer name) > Sound, video and game controllers

Additionally, to make things simpler to understand, did you buy the TV tuner card, and what part, or model number, is on the box that TV tuner card came in?

You said:

a window opens up and ask's for the IP address or to put in the Master TV station in my area.

Without seeing your screen it is difficult to identify what you are seeing, however, I think what you are seeing relates to the TV Server part of MePo. By way of a quick outline, MePo consists of two parts, one is the TV server and the other is the 'client' that is used to watch TV, or movies etc. The TV Server part deals with live TV streaming, channel organisation and EPG grabbing and the 'client' deals with the watching and listening bit.

In order for the whole live TV part to work you have to put in a host name, or IP address when configuring the TV Server part, and you use this hostname or IP, when setting up the 'client' so it knows where to look for the media stream. The reason for this two part setup is so you can have multiple clients running from one server. You need to setup your tuner card and scan for channels, before doing anything else. It isn't as simple as just entering a zip code and all the channels then appearing; well, it isn't here in the UK. :(

I hope that helps to clarify things a bit :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do this first

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Quick_Setup/2_TV_Quick_Setup

Then check you can preview channels
    Tvserver Config -> TV Channels -> Right click and choose preview

MP requires a small amount of computer knowledge to install and configure because there is is no setup wizard. Windows media centre might be better suited for you if you have trouble with the above. Good luck :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom