I need some help with codecs - SAF (1 Viewer)

Olijames

Portal Member
November 17, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am running MP 1.1.2, Win XP, SAF 4.0 and I have upgraded Media Player Classic the 1.6.1.

My issue is that I can run a particular file fine in Media Player Classic, however when it is done through MP then the video stalls and audio keeps going. The video is .mp4 x264

When I use Monogram is says MPC Video Codec and ffaudio for the audio side.

I have setup up SAF 4.0 the way it outlines to do in the forums. I have tried to update to the latest version of SAF however my system will not cope with it. Its a little old, but I figure that if MPC can play the file then its not beyond the scope of my system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OJ.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    My advice would be first of all update to MP 1.2.2, then lose SAF and install LAVF (LAV filters). It is in the plugin repository.

Olijames

Portal Member
    November 17, 2008
    Home Country
    I did try using LAVF albeit with MP 1.1.2 and not 1.2.

My system did not take well to it and it made regular AVI files that worked flawlessly with SAF choppy.

Are there any other things I can try?
    OJ.

Olijames

Portal Member
    November 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Paranoid Delusion,

Sorry for the delay in replying,have been away enjoying the easter weekend in the UK.

My system specs are AMD 2800+, 2GB Ram, 750GB HDD, DVD Drive, Gforce MX 4. All that runs Windows MCE 2005 SP3,

Yes I did have a look at the requirements and I have been happily running MP on this system since the days of 0.2.2.

All of the content that I watch is SD as the computer can not handle any HD content. It is just really fustrating as clearly the computer can play these .mp4 x264 files in Media Player Classic but not in Media Portal.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Try going into MP config\music\music extensions and try removing .mp4, does this change things.

After that really think the MX4 is way underpowered both graphically and in its memory to create a gui and play a h.264 file, even if it is SD.

Sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom